34. Lawyer In The House

"Uhm... okay, do you know where Anthony is?" he asked and closed the door behind him while keeping the papers close to his body. His eyes searched the ceiling and he lightly bit his lip. 

"No."

"Okay, do you know why you're here?"

"No," I lied and looked away, ready to run.

He looked a little taken back but regained his smooth expression quickly. "Okay, then I'll just find Anthony. I hope you enjoy your stay."

He walked right past me, sending an ensuring smile on the way. "Follow me."

I hesitated but followed him, thinking it would be better than leaving or getting lost again. "Do you know your way around this massive thing?" I asked as we turned a corner.

"Indeed I do. I've been here a lot of times."

"You and Anthony are  really close." It wasn't really a question, more like a statement.

Antonio smiled and laid down the papers at the counter in the kitchen, before pulling a high chair over at placing himself upon it. "Yeah, when Anthony was little I looked after him and played with him a lot."

I bit my lip. "Can I ask something... something personal?"

"Of course. I love questions."

"Have you told anyone about Sophia?" I knew I was crossing the line, but it was something important for him and his family and if I was the only one knowing besides him, I would feel a little bad.

He gulped and softly raised his hand to his chin. "No, I haven't found the right moment yet."

"Not even Anthony?"

"Not even Anthony."

"Oh... sorry." I looked down at the beautifully cleaned counter and bit my lip tight.

I heard him pulled out his chair and walk over towards me. I looked up and saw him standing right in front of me. He smiled. "Don't say sorry for asking." He tucked a lock of brown hair behind my ear. "You're a very special girl. I bet that's why he choose you."

He moved away, smiling.

"What do you me-"

"Antonio, thanks for coming," Anthony interrupted and walked into the kitchen with his own share of papers. He looked at me to Antonio with a raised eyebrow. The way he watched us sent goosebumps up my arms.

"Did I interrupt something?" He pulled his own chair over to the counter and sat.

"No, not at all. We were just talking."

"Good, because I just got off the phone with the police and they are on their way to arrest your father."

I widened my eyes, almost falling off the chair. "You didn't seriously...?"

"Yep."

"You just...?

"Yep."

"Does that mean...?"

"Quiet probably."

"Oh no." I jumped off the chair and held my hands up to my head, walking around the room. "This is not good. I told you not to! You know this can ruin my family!" I turned around and pointed an angry finger at him. The heat was boiling under my skin and I wanted to let it out so badly.

"It's not your choice," he shrugged and turned to look down in his papers.

"Not my choice? This is my fucking family! Do you understand? You have no right to interfere with this!"