22. Take Me To The Hospital

I borrowed one of Anthony's shoulders as we made our way into the hospital in front of us. The path from the car had been more than painful. Anthony had actually been a good distraction with all his sexual comments, there made old ladies look our way as we passed them. What are old ladies even doing out at this time? 

We reached the wide entrance with sliding glass doors. Ambulances lined up to our left and the parking lot was to our right and behind us. Inside, dustless white walls glowed in the yellowish light from the loft lamps. A child screamed in its mother's arms, while an elderly man argued with a young nurse. 

We walked up to the disk, to talk to the first nurse, who had a fake smile plastered on her face. "What can I do for you?" she asked, her eyes strolling from me to Anthony and then to me again. 

"We think she has broken her leg," Anthony answered before I got the change to speak. 

The nurse nodded, checking her computer, before looking up again. "Alright, I'll need you to fill in these, miss." She reached a small stack of paper up to me and Anthony. After, she found a pen and laid it over the papers. "Just call when you are done."

She smiled before strolling over to another computer. I drew in a deep breath and took the pen in my hand, scrolling through the papers before beginning to write. Anthony's breath twirled around my neck the whole time. His arms were tightly swung around my waist, helping me keep my balance. 

"Miss, I'm done," I said, waving to the nurse, who looked up from her computer. She smiled and came our way again. 

Her eyes stared at the papers. "Okay Miss Watson, you and your friend can take a seat over there and a nurse will soon come so we can take some X-rays."

"Thank you," I said and turned around to be led over to the chairs at the other end. Anthony was silent beside me, he looked down at my leg, making sure I wouldn't do anything to make it worse. 

We sat down, however, not without a cry leaving my lips. 

"Are you alright?" he asked as he leaned back in his green plastic chair and laid his hands behind his head.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I faked a smile, however, I looked away and over the polished floors. The baby was still crying and the mother looked hopeless as she rocked the little child in her arms, walking back and forth. 

My mom had done that once too. Her job hadn't filled her life and I was actually a part of it. It was weird how your world could change so drastically in a week. How high voices could turn love into something you couldn't recognize.

I sighed and leaned back. "Thanks," I mumbled, my hands moving up to my mouth. 

"Uh?" Anthony leaned forward, his green eyes staring at me. "What did you say?" The smirk on his lips told me that he already had heard the word, he just wanted me to repeat it. 

I crossed my arms tightly around my upper body. "You heard me," I hissed, letting my head fall to the side and my eyes look into my shoulder. 

"No, I didn't hear you, princess, so please say it a little higher so I can hear you." 

Idiot. 

"Thanks." 

"I can't hear you." 

"Thanks!" People turned their heads as the simple word left my mouth. I covered my mouth, sweeping my hair down in front of my face. 

As Anthony's chest rose in laughter, he leaned further back and crossed his arms and legs. "You are funny, you know that?"