36. Big Brother Nightmares

"What?" Anthony and I blurted in sync. Anthony turned towards me, too slowly to be normal. My eyes opened slowly as I took slow steps away from the two boys. 

"You're lying." I lifted my finger to point at him. "You're fucking lying!" 

"No, he texted me yesterday saying he'd come to town but wasn't ready to see you yet. He lives in my apartment and probably is there right now." Tony stood from the chair and walked towards me, however, Anthony came in between. 

"Easy there cowboy," Anthony said and laid a solid hand on Tony's chest and pushed him back. "You tell us where you live and we'll go. Without you." Anthony dotted Tony in his chest. 

"New Street 45, second floor to the left," he said and sat down again. He swayed his hands down in his pockets. "I'm so getting in trouble with your big bro." 

Anthony shook his head and walked towards me. "Are you ready?" he asked and placed his hands on my shoulders and bending down to look into my frozen eyes. 

I nodded my head and gave him an assuring smile. He smiled back and bent back up. Anthony looked over at Tony before he walked past me and out the door. I stayed in the silence, with Tony looking at me. 

"Thank you," I said low and lowered my head. "Sorry I yelled." 

"Don't think about it. You kinda deserved to know anyway. Your brother is a douchebag for hiding. Please tell him that for me." 

"I-" 

"I'll happily do that for you, but please shut up now. Come on, Watson," Anthony cut in, having apparently come back. I waved to Tony as I turned around and walked over to Anthony. "God, I hate that man." 

"Why?" I seated myself inside his leather smelling car and made myself comfortable. I couldn't really put a finger on my emotions. I was still so much in shock that my brother was in town and he hadn't said anything, he had just been here.

"We have a past and then I just don't like him." Anthony turned the car on and we drove off towards the address Tony had told. I glided my head down, so it leaned against the window. The sun had set and dawn was upon us.

The bloodstained sun gave the clouds their marvelous pinkish color which reflected in every by passing window. The line where the solid earth and the wild sun met was lit up with thousands of wild flames there spread as long as my eyes could see. The free colors burst up a comfortable warmth under my skin and tickled me all the way out in the fingertips. 

I smiled at the world, which could be so beautiful even when it carried all its flaws. I smiled at the world which could make everyone smile, even though it had cracks and holes. That was magnificent. 

Anthony stopped in front of a pair of old looking two floors, brown apartments. He had stopped right in front of the door with the big black number "45". 

My mind went wild as we went out of the car and strolled towards the door. Anthony rang to ask someone to open up for us and for some reason, he didn't have to say much before a nice lady let us in. My legs seemed double as heavy when we walked up the boring, gray stairs, which smelled a little too much of smoke and beer. 

When we reached the second floor and turned left, my stomach twisted and I stopped as far away from the door as possible. 

Anthony took my hand. "Take it easy, Watson, it's going to be fine. You're just going to knock on that door and when Liam opens your going to do your big family reunion thing and then you're going to talk to him about what happened. Easy peasy."