38. Just Like Him

Anthony and I had been sitting in the car when Liam and Antonio talked with my father for a short period of time. We hadn't said anything and when we reached the house, I threw myself on the couch and buried myself in tears and blankets and I had been sitting here for one day. 

"Should we do anything?" Antonio asked. 

"No, she needs time. There happened something between her and her father and I don't think she is ready for anything right now," Anthony answered. 

"She is my sister! I should be able to comfort her," Liam said. 

"But I don't think anyone can right now," Anthony said calmly. "She has been through a lot and no matter how much we try to understand we can't. Only she can and she needs to be alone with her thoughts right now I think." 

Liam sighed. "Fine, but don't play the psychologist card on me again." 

Footsteps left the kitchen one by one and when it finally was silent I jumped up from the couch and went to the kitchen to check the cabinets for anything with alcohol in them. I opened on in the corner and whiskey after whiskey was lined up followed by vine and beer in rows. "Bingo," I mumbled and reached for a whiskey there looked quite expensive. 

I quickly found a glass and placed it on the counter. I opened the whiskey and poured it into the glass, but not without spilling a little. I took the glass in my hand and swirled the liquid around. I breathed in the amazing frequency I had never smelt before. This was a real whiskey, not one of the cheap once my father had laying around at home. The worries about my father began to fade with the slurs I slung down my throat. One after the other. The whiskey burned on the way down, but it was comfortable to have the taste again, even though I felt major regret already. It was all worth it. 

Alcohol was my only cure and I neede a lot of medicine.

Before I knew it I had finished the glass and brought the whole bottle up to my lips to drink directly from it. The burning occurred the whole way down my throat and I coughed as the bottle slipped my lips. It was almost empty, but I needed something else, so I returned to the cabinet and took out a few cans of beer. 

I could already smell the harsh smell of alcohol and as soon one of the three boys would step into the room they would too, so I needed to hurry if I wanted to be so drunk I couldn't even remember my name. 

I drank in silence and quietly hoped that all my answers would lay at the bottom of the bottles I emptied.

I briskly burned through a few of the beers and found a vine I thought was expensive, since I couldn't really read every word there stood on it. My legs were swirling uncontrolled around as I tried to find a corkscrew somewhere. I found it and quickly opened the wine as the professional I was. 

The wine defiantly didn't taste like the cheap one from Walmart, but like a real wine, you would get at fancy restaurants and in Italy or something. 

I struggled to keep my balance and needed to grip around the counter to stay on my feet. As I laid down the empty bottle of wine and took another from the cabinet, I tried to make my way over to the couch again, but my leg wouldn't listen. I didn't come anywhere and defiantly not where I wanted to. 

"Fuck," I said as I laughed at myself. My mind didn't work pretty well and I didn't longer care if the boys came running in and discovered me in my element. 

"Nina." I turned around and found Anthony staring at me with big eyes. "What are you doing?" 

"Being like my father or should I say me," I said and took another slurp of the very good wine.