17. Brother's And Emotions

Tony stood before me, in his hands a warm pizza box laid and waited for me to pick it up. "Thank you," I said, before collecting the order my father had told me to select.

"No problem." Tony smiled, looking me directly in the eye. "I kind of already know what your father wants before her even does." His laugh echoed through the room, but the funny part didn't quite reach me. Only a smile played across my lips. A fake one.

I twirled around on my heels, ready to leave, however, Tony held me back, his hands gripping strongly around my thin arm. "Wait," he said.

I turned my head towards him, "what?"

"Are you still friends with Martinez?" he asked me, his voice low in shame.

"I have never been friends with him." I shrugged my shoulders. "Was that all?"

I took his silence as a yes and moved further towards the door. "Wait!" I stopped again, this time I turned my whole body towards him, waiting for what he really wanted to say to slip out of his mouth. "I got a message from Liam yesterday."

I gulped, my chest rose and my breath got stuck in my throat. A bomb just exploded in front of me, an emotional bomb. "What did he say?"

"He is in America again, however, he'll not be visiting yet," Tony explained while he looked down on the ground. As time froze before me, Tony kept talking. His mouth moved, but I couldn't figure out a word he said as if I was deaf. My brother was in America.

"Oh...okay." I tried to mask my emotions, however, Tony caught up with them faster than I could register.

"I'm sorry, but I'm sure he'll come home soon enough." His words didn't soothe me, they only made me long for him more, to feel his warm arms once again.

"Thanks," I said, my head bowing low and my feet moving towards the door. Tony didn't stop me or say anything, he let me go without as much as a word and I was grateful. My thoughts needed some space to think and the only way to make that possible was to write.

I pushed my own feet to their maximum speed. Wind trailed faster past me and even dogs bark didn't reach my ears. My mind was so caught up in the new information Tony had delivered.

The gate was as rusty as ever, however, our rusty car didn't stand parked as it used too, only a shadow of its former whereabouts were left behind for me to watch. Maybe Mom took it.

I shook my head, proceeding to the door and pushing it open with my hip. "Child, is that you?" my father yelled through the house, letting the process of wrecking plates fill the air with a piercing sound.

"Yes." I closed the door with my non-existing butt and walked further into the house. My fathers layer of fat hung on the couch, his head sitting on top and looking around the room, like the drunk head he was. "Here's your pizza." I placed it before him.

He didn't acknowledge me at all. He opened it with a sway of his hand and before I could blink, danced a piece of pizza down in his throat, getting pizza sauce all over his face.

I turned to leave, however, his deep humming stopped me. "Wait for a second," he said, his voice a tone to deep.

I gulped and stood still, waiting for him to speak up again, to let his mouth run freely. "Do you know what your mother is doing with my car?" he asked, his voice sounding everything else than friendly.

My heart accelerated out of my chest and as sweat dropped from my head I drew in a deep breath.

"No." My answer turned to a croaked N and a flat O. Something I was long from proud of, but couldn't change.