49. Luis The Wise

"Nina! Please open the door and come eat dinner with us!" Liam yelled through the door, knocking harshly and loudly.

I sat, leaned against the door, and listened to his words. He didn't understand because I didn't tell him anything anymore. Even though I had forgiven him and taken it in when he would apologize over and over again.

Over and over again.

People tended to do the same things over and over again, even though the same thing kept happen. I didn't understand how people would always have hope that if they did it again, then the outcome would change.

Maybe it was just me who had lost all hope in second chances.

"Nina! What's wrong? Please talk to me!"

"Just eat. I'm not hungry," I finally replied.

"Don't lie to me. I know you're hungry, you haven't eaten all day." It was nice how he tried and how he never gave up.

"Just leave, please."

"Why? Did something happen with Mrs. Hamilton?"

"No, she's a smart lady and made me realize something," I told him, not knowing if I should explain further.

"She did? That's good. You're opening up to her!" He sounded too excited for it to be true. Why was it me who had to be with Mrs. Hamilton? Couldn't someone else do it?

"I still don't like her or this idea!"

"It's what's best for you and you'll soon know that as well as me," he told with a lot calmer voice, which did nothing to calm me down.

"Please leave. I'm not hungry."

"Just make sure to eat something before you go to bed."

Not long after the words had slipped from his lips, his heavy footsteps trailed away from me; leaving me.

I gulped and stood from the floor. I slowly and quietly walked over to the window. The garden was also beautiful in the back and light from the moon gave the grass an exciting glow. It was getting dark quick and the days were becoming shorter and shorter, leading up to the longest day.

Six days.

Six days to my age wouldn't be eighteen anymore, but nineteen.

I slid my hands around the handle to the window and with a single moment, I opened it up. I had underestimated the cold of tonight. It took me by surprise and surrounded me like a clever snake. I bowed down and because of my tiny body, I was capable of crawling outside. One leg after the other.

I strolled over the grass, the grass tickling my sock covered feet. The cold of the wind was wicked and sneaked around me. It sent chills down my spine, but who was I to be complaining. I could just turn around if I wanted to, but I didn't.

The garden was beautiful, with thousands of roses and flowers in the color of the rainbow. If it hadn't been dark, it would be as festive as a circus, but still as elegant as a lady in her finest dress.

A fine, white bench was nicely placed in the middle of the garden, a fine antique pavilion in the purest white and gold, with a roof of dark wood was placed around and over it. The seat of the bench was as cold as ice and even though I had pants on, my skin could still feel the tickling of the cold wood.

I folded my hands upon my lap as I gazed at the stars. The night was a beautiful cloud-free one of the kind, not often it would happen here. Everything was always grey, with rain clouds, but not today. Today was different.

"Nina?" A voice behind me asked and for once, it didn't frighten me to my death. I slowly turned around and got met with the brown eyes of either Francisco or Luis. It was impossible to see which one of them it was in the dark, but I had an idea who it was. "What are you doing out here in the cold? You can get a viral infectious disease in your upper respiratory tract."