23. Hot Brothers Looking

I softly squeezed the soft fabric under me and shifted my head on my pillow. My now heavy leg was spread out on my bed and glowed as the sun touched it. Yesterday night had been so weird and how the hell does Anthony always pop up when I need someone?

I glanced over at my bed table clock.

7:27 AM.

My chemistry class would begin at 8, however, today I really didn't want to go to school.

I reached for my crutches as I helped myself out of bed. I was still in the same clothing as yesterday and one glance over at my wardrobe really didn't make me want to change.

I humped out of the room and took my time walking down the stairs, where my father had left a stack of old documents from when he actually had been working.

I swung my jacket over my upper body and proceeded out of the door, where a black car waited for me.

Wait!

I blinked hard and when I opened them again, the black car was still parked in front of my house. In the driver seat, no other than Anthony sat and stared down at his phone, a relaxed expression scrolling over his face. His leather jacket hugged his muscles as he shifted in his seat and looked up to meet my eyes.

He smiled and waved before rolling down the window. "Good morning! Want a ride?" he asked as he moved over to get closer to the window.

As the words had left his mouth, his presence really hit me, making me feel like I felt 10 feet towards the ground. His bad boy smirk was back on his lips as his eyes trailed from my face down towards my cast, there hugged around my leg.

Why was he here? The question was as if a key there didn't fit in the lock I was supposed to open. My eyes and mouth were frozen wide open, probably showing my surprise more than intended.

"Huh?" The sound was small and the only reason I heard it was because I had said it myself.

"We don't have all day! Come on!" he cheered from the car, hitting the car horn and blasting the sound through the street.

I didn't answer, just trailed over to Anthony, looking like a duck with one leg. He opened the car for me and helped me with my crutches as I sat beside him. The leather surrounded me as it did with Anthony and I drew in a deep breath.

"What's your first class?" he asked as he drove away from my house and turned towards our school not far away.

"Chemistry."

"Does it begin at eight?" he asked as he turned, his hands gripping the wheel tighter.

"Yes."

"Tha- Idiot!" Another car cut of us and Anthony forcefully raised his hand in the air. He mumbled Spanish word after word and though I couldn't understand Spanish, I knew they were bad words. "What an idiot."

I crumbled my body together and glanced at the window. In a weird way, I felt safe as I sat silently in his presence. In some way, I knew he would never hurt me or do anything to cause me any harm. I couldn't believe he would do something like that. So I felt safe.

He packed at a free spot close to the entrance and jumped out before me, so he could help me with my crutches. "Here you go," he said as he reached them over to me and kept me solid as I planted them under my arms.

"Thanks."

"No problem, princess." He winked at me, before glancing down at his watch. "Need to go, but I'll be back, so don't miss me too much." With that, he left me alone in the parking lot and ran towards the dorms in the other end of campus.