58. Gone For Eternity

"Mommy! Mommy where are you!" the little girl shrieked as she shuffled through the thick forest.

"I am here, my little baby girl. I'm right here!" A voice yelled back from behind the trees, but still out of sight from the little girl there wandered around, terrified into the depth of her bones.

"Where mommy? Where are you?" The little girl ran, removing the branches there came in her way. "Mommy!" she yelled out once again, her eyes glazed with a compact layer of fresh tears.

"My little baby girl, I'm sorry, but... but." The voice shook with guilt and awakened emotions deep within the girl, feelings of love, guilt, and regret. A heavy burden a little girl shouldn't be lifting on her tiny shoulders.

"But what, mommy? Where are you?" The girl stopped dead in her tracks, her eyes gliding over her mother laying in the cold dirt on the solid ground of the deep forest. "I'm scared, Mommy. I need help!" The little girl rushed over to her mother, kneeling beside her and catching her lifeless eyes.

"Don't be, my little baby girl. You're strong and you can write your own story, but I have to go. I have to be gone. Forever." Her mother smiled just before closing her eyes shut.

"No!" The little girl cried out, shaking her mother's body as a mist slowly carried it away and into oblivion. "No, you can't leave me, mommy! I need you!" As the tears stained what remained of her mother, she kept shaking, kept believing that it wasn't real. She had hope. Until her mother disappeared completely, leaving her alone in the world.

"No!"

The girl looked up the sky, crying to the god that didn't help or the god she didn't think helped her. "I don't want to be Nina Watson! I want to be normal!"

First, it was only a white light, my mind thinking I was gone, like my mother, but then it turned into a blur of various colors. Then noises came or more precisely voices. "I believe she went into a shock after being witness to such a horrifying event where she then suffered a panic attack which shortly after caused her to faint"

"Will she be alright?" another voice said.

I squinted, everything a bit clearer than before. I spun my head towards the voices. "Yes, physically, but emotionally I don't think so."

"What do you mean?" I blinked again, focusing on the voice I knew I knew somewhere.

"After being witness to such a horrible event, she'll definitely be suffering from mental and emotional trauma." I blinked again, their frames coming into focus.

"Anthony?" As rugged as I thought my voice could be, this beat it with thousands of meters. What happened to me?

"Nina!" Anthony opened his eyes wide and rushed over to me, taking my hand as he bent beside my bed.

"How are you?"

"I don't know." I glanced at the way too clean and white room. "Where am I?"

He cleared his throat. "In the hospital. You fainted after your mother..." He swallowed hard. "After your mother died."

"You mean killed herself in front of me after giving me the speech of the year?" I just stared at the wall, knowing that all of this had processed to easy for me for it to actually have processed.

"I'm so sorry. Just say if I can do anything for you."

"She shot herself in the head right in front of me! On my birthday! There is nothing anyone can do for me right now... so please just leave." I altered my face in the opposite direction of him, drawing my hands into my chest.