55. Happy Birthday

His hair was golden in the first rays of sunlight. He wasn't moving, his eyes were closed and his arms were strongly wrapped around me. I shifted my hand to place it on his tanned cheek. "You're beautiful."

"I would prefer to be called handsome, but I'll take what I can get." He smirked and I quickly turned away. My cheeks were red as dawn or maybe even a deep crimson, but how would I know that. 

He pulled in me, which made me turn towards him again. "Don't look away. You're cute when you blush." That didn't help at all. My face grew even hotter as his smirk grew wider. He leaned in and touched his forehead to mine. "You're beautiful too, princess."

I closed my eyes and held his face. "I love you. I love you with all my fucked up piece of shit heart." 

"And I love you." He moved in so our lips touched and our bodies collided. 

I smiled, opening my eyes again as he drew back. "How did I ever get this lucky?" I asked him, stroking his cheek with the tip of my thumb. 

"I don't know. You must have cast some kind of spell on me," he joked and pulled me so I laid on his chest. 

"You're an idiot." 

"But I am your idiot." 

"That you are." I smiled and snuggled even closer to him, placing my hand on his chest. So this was how it felt like to be in love. 

"Anthony, have you seen Nina? I have her Fe- What the fuck! Not again! Please tell me you're not naked."

Both Anthony and I sat right up at Francisco's voice. Not again. Francisco just knew when to jump in... lucky I wasn't naked this time and totally fucked up about my relationship with Anthony. Francisco had covered his eyes and turned his torso away from us. "What are you doing here Cisco... again?" Anthony asked and crossed his arms over his chest as he leaned against the back of the bed. 

"I was just wondering if you knew where Nina where and you surely did." Francisco looked over at me and smiled. "Goodmorning and happy birthday again, Nina." 

"Thank you," I said low and hid underneath the covers. 

"Why are you so incredibly annoying?" Anthony pulled me into him, his strong arm not letting go. 

"I don't know, but I have to show Nina her present now, so can I loan her for just a minute?" Francisco asked and pointed at the door behind him. When Anthony didn't answer, he opened his mouth again. "Or I can bring Antonio and Liam in here to see what you're doing with their sister... in your bed." He smirked, knowing he had the upper hand. 

"Fine, I have something to do in town anyway." Anthony looked down at me. "You'll be fine, right?" 

"I-"

"Of course, she's going to be spending the day with me and the rest of the family!" Francisco jumped in excitement and it looked like he was more excited for my birthday than I was.  

Anthony sighed, but got up and found a pair of pants and a black T-shirt together with his leather jacket. He bowed down and planted a kiss on my forehead, his hands placed around my head to keep it steady. "I'll be back before you know it." He looked up at Francisco before leaving the room, bumping into him on the way out. 

"Ouch! Don't be such a douchebag, Anthony!" Francisco yelled at him before he turned towards me. "Meet me outside. I have your present ready!" 

"My present?" I jumped out of bed, the cold air hitting my bare legs. Maybe I should have worn something else than shorts.