Prologue

It was a beautiful sunny day, The birds were chirping and the love of my life was sleeping by my side, Picture perfect couple. As I pushed away from the bedsheets from my bed and walked on over to the window to let in some fresh air, the neighbors waved at me as they walked on by with the widest smiles on their faces and kids blowing bubbles without a care in the world....... At least that's how they portray it in the magazines.

               As I sat outside in my car flipping through a family and life magazine, while waiting for Kendall to pump gas, I got off and headed into the mini-mart

"Good evening Young lady!" The elder man at the register greeted, I smiled in acknowledgment walking over to the ice cream section.

"Babe?" Kendall called out walking to me. "Car is fueled up, Want anything?"

"A new life." I sighed grabbing an ice cream cookie.

"Better yet, How about that cookie." He smiled putting his arm around me leading me to the cash register. 

"Beginning to rain out huh." The elder man sighed scanning our items, I looked outside and really hadn't noticed till now that the rain was beginning to pour down. "You kids stay safe."

"Will do sir." Kendall nodded and handed me my cookie while we headed out to the car, Kendall drove and I sat in the passenger seat munching on my cookie. It was gonna be a 4-hour drive to a Thanksgiving reunion with my family and I was excited just to see my mom again. I took several naps along the way but I would always jerk awake to the flashback of my friends.

"We there yet?" I yawned wiping the cold sweat from my brow as I saw ahead of us nothing but the road ahead of us, no lights or city around.

"Almost, Just the rain isn't lightening up." he sighed. "Makes it harder to see." and he was right, it was getting dark and our headlights weren't much help with the thick fog around us.

"Maybe we should stop somewhere, Or just head back." I hinted. "My parents would understand."

"Yeah, It would be best." He decided. "Okay, Let's head back and stop at a hotel somewhere...If we can find one...." He mumbled. I moved around in my seat to find a comfortable position when I noticed a picture of ken and me, on the floor of the car. I picked it up and couldn't help but smile at it.

"Oh, Must've fallen out of the glove compartment," Kendall said looking over at me and the picture.

"We were so happy back then," I commented wiping off some dirt around it. "Than Martin and Doctor Rosen-"

"It's behind us love, It's gone." He said caressing my cheek. "You weren't in good shape when I met you, Remember." 

"Don't remember." I sighed turning to look out at the foggy window.

"Hope you don't mind me asking." Kendall wondered. "How did you come to meet martin? And his uh... Sister. Think her name was uh Kayla?" 

"Oh um..." I began thinking and picking at my brain. I sat up in my seat trying to remember something but the earliest memory I had of them was high school graduation. "I-I actually don't know... Think we were just, Friends."

"You don't remember meeting them?" He pointed out. "Do you remember freshman year of high school?"

"N-no." I blurted out, astonished that I had no recollection of my 4 years of high school. I began to panic and breathe harder, scared that I couldn't remember a huge part of my life.

"Nat?" Kendall asked worried looking over at me. "You okay?"

"I-I can't remember!" I huffed feeling anxious "Why can't I remember!"

"Babe calm down!" He slammed on the brakes and hugged me trying to calm me.

"nghhhh... Freshmen...Year." I struggled, My head hurt in trying to remember. but i needed to remember. Something was hiding in those missing years, Something I NEEDED to know.

"Natasha Please calm down." Kendall pleaded still hugging me as i had my eyes closed shut trying to get a name, a memory, a voice anything! "Fuck!" Kendall's voice blurted out and i felt a huge force hit us head-on. The car went tumbling down a hill off the road and into a ditch, I felt every part of my body in pain. I could vaguely feel blood trickling down my face as we hung upside down in the car.

"I-I'm sorry.." I choked out and soon i closed my eyes and dozed off into nothing.

                                                           "Brooke..." Whose brooke?....