Epilogue

"H-Hello..." I gulped approaching her room where her mother was sitting and the monitors beeped. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, "I-I'm a friend of hers." 

"Oh, Right." She sighed giving me a weak smile, Her face bruised. "Sorry, I-I been having trouble with-" 

"No need to apologize, I'm glad you both are okay." I comforted and placed a bunny plush by the nightstand. I sat by her side and let out a sigh, "Do you...Remember anything that happened that night?"

"No." She sniffed. "I just remember... Waking up and my house a mess. Cops say home invasion, and they found her on the side of the road..." Her words trailed off as she began to doze off for a second. "I-I'm sorry sweetheart, Which friend are you?"

"I apologize." I gulped. "My name is Lexie."

"Ruz-I remember a Ruzzel?" She whispered with recollection in her eyes. 

"N-No." I gulped managing to suppress back tears and emotion. "We never knew no...Ruzzel.."

"Must've..been in my head." She sighed caressing her daughters head. "Sweetie, I'm gonna head out for some dinner. Would you mind if-"

"I got her." I smiled. "No worries." I watched her mom leave the room, leaving me alone with Natasha and her steady heartbeat. Emotion won me over and tears began to flood out my eyes. I reached for her hand and caressed it. "I-I don't know if you can hear me.." I cried. "Things could have been different, Yknow. You didn't have to fall so far. Y-You were a  colorful flower in a garden of flowers and we were all poisonous." I sobbed harder laying my head in her hand. "I-I Can't do this..."

"...Stay..." I heard her whisper out.

"Wh-What.." I sniffed caressing her face. "Natasha, Are you-"

"Oh, God! Are you moping over the Vegetable?" A familiar voice croaked from the door.

"What are you doing here, Kayla..." I gulped wiping away tears. 

"Did you forget your vegetable slashed my arm and beat my face in." She sighed sarcastically coming inside. "Did you get the information I asked you for?"

"The mom remembers nothing," I replied. "Maybe...She remembered Ruzzel."

"Ruzzel is dead. D-E-A-D, Dead." She chuckled plopping herself by Natasha's feet.

"She remembers nothing..." I sighed. "Let's just leave her alone-"

"Hey!" She said sternly gripping my arm tight. "She's just another pawn in our game. She's nothing."

"Why are you doing this!" I spoke up. "She never did anything to you but offer you friendship...And so did Ruzzel!"

"Oh God stop it with the guilt trip!" She groaned chugging a cup of water next to her nightstand."I Did her a favor and-"

"You did all of us favors and you FUCKED US UP!" I cried. "Y-You say you made us stronger and the instinct to survive! But in reality, you made us scared of who we are! You made us into monsters Kayla!"

"Ugh, yack..." Kayla rolled her eyes. "But you let me? See, It was your choice. You did this to yourself, I just had what you wanted at the time. Okay?" I Stayed silent. "Now, Kuno got info on Logan. He's moving to Florida with some aunts and uncles, So time to forget about him."

"Lucky bastard..." I sighed rubbing my eyes. 

"He was useless anyway." Kayla drank. "Not for what we have planned anyway."

"Count me out." I sighed standing up. "Do not forget that you can use a spear as a walking stick but that will not change its nature."

"Meaning?" Kayla asked with a raised eyebrow.