Homecoming

I headed out and closed the restroom doors, she was somebody else's problem now. I felt a bit better, I wasn't proud of it, But something inside of me was finally released. I was scared of what I was capable of, and of the voice inside my head. 

"Is that blood?" A familiar male voice asked. It took me a few seconds to process the voice and put two in two together. I turned around to see Logan sitting on the swings.

"No?" 

"That's not a question you're supposed to answer with another question." He sighed waking toward me.

"Fuck off weirdo, I don't need you to give me shit right now..." I cursed hiding my hand.

"Woman shouldn't curse, Y'Know." 

"Get Fucked..." I said pulling out a cigarette. "For your information, this isn't blood I got hazed at school and this is my punishment."

"They pulled a Carrie on you?" He asked concerned. 

"Go away fag.," I mumbled trying to walk away from him, but he kept following. "Did you hear? Go away!"

"What the fuck happened to you?" He confronted. "F-First you're nice to me, You get in front of a blade for me and then you treat me like shit! What changed?!"

"Well, Newsflash! That's high school for ya!" I laughed. "It destroys you until you have nothing left but cuts on your sleeves and a monochromatic brain! We become society enslaved robots!"

"Still, I thought-"

"You," I said continuing my way. "We aren't friends, we never will be friends. Now go fuck off before-"

"Didn't you hear her you, idiot!" Kayla threatened, shoving logan down to the ground. Martin followed right behind her kicking him in the gut repeatedly. 

"Come on Bitch!" Martin laughed. "Get up!" Logan was groaning in pain trying to get up on his feet but was met with martins fist in his face.

"D-don't be so hard on him.." I mumbled to Kayla.

"Don't worry," She smiled pulling me away. "He'll live."

                       Tommorrow was the homecoming dance, I sat on my bed staring at the dress Kayla had chosen for me to wear. I felt guilty of what happened earlier, Kayla assured me that it was fine, Claire deserved it.

"You sure went crazy in the restrooms." She chuckled sitting next to me. "You like the dress?"The dress was short and was decorated with lace trimming, it was a see-through long sleeve. It wasn't my style.

"I don't wanna go." I sighed rubbing my eyes.

"You have too." She munched. "Daniel invited you and the whole group is going, Besides, Something is gonna go down."

"Like?" 

"I heard Logan is going, Think he has a sister." She said chuckling to herself. "Pathetic idiot can't even get a date of his own, He has to go with his sister."

"You think maybe we should leave him alone?" I grunted walking over to my closet.

"Do you have the vials ready for testing?" She asked ignoring what I said, her tone of voice turned giddy to stern. 

"Haven't felt like doing them." I sighed grabbing the duffle and tossing it at her. "It was a dumb suggestion anyway..."

"Oh.." She sighed. "You think this is a choice?"

"FInd someone else to do it," I said tiredly. 

"Yeah, No. Not happening." She laughed taking a stand. "I'll make you a deal, Kay?" She walked over till she was standing in front of me and put a strand of my hair behind my ear. "If you create these for me, I will not kill Logan. Actually, go back to being friends with the weirdo. But I want those vials tonight!"