New School

I walked up to the entrance of the school, everything felt different, Moving here was a bad idea, Thanks to mom we had to move out two cities away from our old apartment. I felt very out of place here, But at least I wasn't gonna be the only lost freshie in this school. I followed the crowd inside and sat on a bench waiting for the bell to ring. I looked around at the large campus and everyone seemed to know each other, everyone was in their own group of friends. I sat there feeling lonelier than ever and wishing someone I knew from middle school would notice me and come up to me. 

"Hey?" A blonde girl walked up to me followed by her three friends at her side. "You don't look like your from around here?"

"Uh No." I smiled politely, Here was my chance to meet someone. "I'm new here-"

"Cool." She smiled as her friends giggled and walked away. Minus one friend. I felt stupid and hid my embarrassment by looking into my folder for my schedule.

"So first class." I sighed to myself. "History with... Uhh. Cant read that..." I groaned checking the map instead for the classroom. I decided to just head to the classroom and avoid talking to strangers entirely until lunch. I walked over to building 200, classroom 210, and it was already open for students to pick their seats. Since the bell hasn't rung yet I had the whole classroom to pick what seat I want for the rest of the year.

"Welcome!" A well dressed older man, the teacher most likely, Sat up to greet me. "Your name?"

"Uhh, Natasha Castelo." I smiled. "Mr..." 

"Ohh, Holguin." He smiled marking my name on his attendance sheet. "You're rather early, the bell hasn't even rung."

"Yeah." I sighed. "I'm new to the area, So there's nobody I know yet that comes here," I answered.

"Understandable." He smiled under his poofy mustache, Sort of reminded me of Mario. But formal Mario. "Take a seat anywhere for now." I walked over and sat at the desk nearest the door and laid my stuff out and wrote down the materials needed for this class. Along came the blonde girl that spoke to me earlier with two of her friends, they sat at the back of the class talking about guys, I really didn't care about guys all that much.

"Girls, off your phones please." Mr. Holguin sighed.

"Whatever." She grunted when I felt a wad of paper thrown at my head. I turned around to see them giggling.

"Yes?" I mumbled, annoyed.

"What middle school did you come from?" one of her friends asked.

"Mar Vista.." 

"Wow, the dropout middle school!" They laughed. "I heard no one ever promotes to high school there!"

"Well, you heard wrong." I sighed. "I'm here aren't I?" The bell rang and they didn't even bother in listening so I turned my full focus to the teacher for the next hour. I hate being here...

                             The bell rang and history class came to a close as I hurried out in search for my next class. The campus was huge compared to my middle school and I needed to have a map at hand just to find the buildings.

"Building 500.." I sighed analyzing the map as crowds of people bumped into me and pushed over to the side. One guy charged into me hard just to catch up with his buddies.

"Watch it.." I groaned getting up and dusting myself off from the concrete ground. The bell rang and I had yet to still find building 500, so much for being on time. I picked up my binder and felt a soft tap on my shoulder followed by a shy girls voice.