Eye of the Storm

Freddy was face down on the floor with a broken bong piercing his head as blood was still dripping down. The guy sitting next to me had his head hanging down with his hand gripping a screwdriver that was pierced through his jaw and through his head. I got up feeling weird and wobbled a bit until I regained balance heading to the front door. Rosendo was half sprawled on the couch and floor with his arm trickling blood. Five needles were still inside his arm, His eyes were open and dripping from his mouth was some sort of white foam. I unpierced the screwdriver from brads head and placed it in a plastic bag. 

"Shame." I sighed wrapping the bag around the bloody screwdriver. "They broke the wrong parts of me. They broke my wings, But forgot I had claws." I headed out the front door where I had to shield my eyes from the sun. I walked to the park that was a few blocks away and disposed of the plastic bag where the bloody screwdriver was. I used the restroom sinks to wash my face and freshen up before I head home. My head felt light and my muscles were sore but I didn't seem to be harmed. I took a deep breath and took in that fresh morning dew, I needed to relax. I leaned against a tree and looked up at the sky and tried losing myself to the morning sounds.

"Hey, Sunshine!" Juliana's voice chirped pulling alongside me riding her bike. "Whatcha  doing here so early?"

"Nothing really." I sighed shaking my head. I couldn't manage emotions right now. "Just a morning stroll." 

"You doing alright?" She asked placing a strand of hair behind my ear. 

"Yeah," I said stepping away when in the distance I saw...Him. I felt like my heart skipped a beat, but not in a good way. I stopped breathing seeing him by a park bench texting away on his phone. 

"Nat are you okay?" 

"He deserves to feel pain. He deserves to DIE."

"Nat, I'm gonna take you home, okay?" Juliana said standing in front of me to block my view from Daniel. I began to breathe rapidly, I wanted to control myself but all I could feel was desperation to make him hurt. 

"Whats wrong with me?" I gasped beginning to hyperventilate. 

"Come with me." She said softly pulling me into the public restrooms. "Nat, Look at me!" She held my head and placed her forehead on mine. "You got this okay? Everything is gonna be fine, Just focus on your breathing." I took several deep breaths until I was finally able to breathe normally again. "You were just having a panic attack, Sweetie. It's okay."

"W-why is he h-here..." I gulped.

"I'm gonna go tell him to fuck off." She said with anger in her voice. I stayed in the restrooms while she headed out. "Daniel!" I heard her call out.

"Hey! Juliana." I heard his voice that made me relive the pain, and flashbacks to that day on the bridge.

"Stop..." I gulped beginning to cry as I covered my ears.

"What are you doing here?" She sighed.

"Its a park." I heard him chuckle. "Waiting for some friends who live around here."

"Well, go see them." I heard her sigh.

"Alright, But first, Would you go out on a date with me? It can be whatever you want. Movies? Dinner?" 

"No thank you." She replied. The feeling of desperation came back as I began to breathe rapidly again.

"Calm down..." I whispered to myself as I began to get shaky. I gripped the sink to get a hold of myself.

"What are you waiting for?"

"It's not right..." I sobbed.

"But it was right for him to hurt you?"