Silent Soul

The group and I sat at the back of the school auditorium dressed in black while the memorial was going on. Everyone was crying and paying their respects, the group was giggling among themselves, Lexie and I were not. Once the ceremony was over I went up to the front to look at all the lives I was a part of taking.

"Nat," Lexie said softly placing a hand on my shoulder. "I'm going to see Ruzzel at the hospital. Wanna come?" 

"Y-yeah." I murmured. "Just gimme a minute, Please."

"Of course." She smiled. "Take your time." She headed out and I stayed behind to look at the faces that were lost on that day. I came across Mr. Ostrander's picture, it filled me with fury, That fucker didn't deserve to be remembered. I grabbed the frame and tossed it out of sight.

"Nat?" 

I turned to see Daniel walking up to me from the entrance of the auditorium, everyone was already gone. He approached me and hugged me tightly, I pushed him away. "...You okay?"

"We need to talk..." I gulped feeling a knot in my throat. "W-We can be together."

"But we just started-"

"I know." I hesitated. "So its best we don't let it roll on any further than this. I am not the right girl for you Daniel." I sighed handing him the charm bracelet. "Take it, I don't deserve it."

"I will keep trying then." He gulped. "I a not gonna stop trying to make you mine, Cause I like you! You are the only chick who notices me at all!"

"Please, Just leave me alone.." I cried walking away leaving him behind. "I'm sorry.."

                 "You broke up with him?" Lexie said surprised as we headed up to Ruzzel's room."Are you okay?"

"Let's not talk about it." I gulped trying to avoid the conversation. We got on the elevator up to the fifth floor of the hospital building, Lexie leaned her head on my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. "It didn't mean anything... We were together for half a night."

"But it did." Lexie sighed. "To you." The elevator doors opened and we entered room 501 B where Ruzzel was at. I carefully opened the door and peeked inside,

"Nat!" Ruzzel's face exclaimed with excitement. 

"Hey, How are you?" I said letting Lexie in.

"We've missed you!" Lexie added sitting on one of the chairs next to him.

"By the looks of it, You both just came back from the school memorial?" He sighed not taking his off of me.

"Sadly." I choked out taking a seat next to Lexie. "How have you been?"

"Fine, I guess." He sighed. "I should be out by next week. How's it going for you?"

"I'll leave you two alone," Lexie sighed getting up. "I think I saw a soda machine in the lobby. Be right back." She left leaving me alone with Ruzzel while wheel of fortune was playing on tv.

"Are you okay?" He asked sitting up.

"Not really." I sighed fidgeting with a thread on my sweater. "I'm a monster..." I choked out beginning to shed tears.

"N-no you not!" He comforted pulling me in for a hug. "You are you and that better than anything we all have right now!"

"Ruzzel I-" His lips pressed against mine and locked into a kiss. It made me feel so many things, but it felt right. We quickly broke the kiss when there were knocks at the door and Kayla was standing there. 

"So sorry to interrupt." She chuckled walking over to me. "But we have things to do! And I need Natasha for this." She placed her hand on my shoulder and gripped it tight, "Nat, Go to the car. I have to talk to Ruzzel." I nodded and walked out.