Weak

I turned to Daniel and nodded and managed to pull a smile while I was still panting for air. Ruzzel looked over from the jacuzzi and shot me a 'Are you okay?' look. I threw him a quick nod and turned back to Daniel who began kissing my neck.

"We should go and join the others." I panted adding a giggle. I felt on thin ice and so fragile around him, I didn't want to trigger his anger. 

"Sure." he sighed pulling himself up and forgetting about me.

"Um, Can you help-"

"You can do it." He sighed grabbing his towel and drying himself off as he headed over with the others. I swam toward the stairs where it was easier for me to get out, Rather than take the ladder and hurt my wrist. As I stepped out Ruzzel was already next to me bringing over a towel for me.

"Thought it would be easier for me to just bring it over." He smiled and wrapped the towel around me.

"Thanks, Ruz." I shivered. He looked around and gave me a quick soft hug making me feel warm for a second.

"See you at school, Okay?" He warmly smiled as he scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. I nodded as I brought the towel my head and blushed a bit, He was so gentle. I watched him leave and after headed on over to the jacuzzi with the others. 

                   The sun was beginning to set and after spending the day at the pool, we decided we should all go home. Daniel stretched and helped Juliana pack up the soda and snacks into a little red pull along wagon while I wrapped the towel around me and help Kuno pick up the trash.

"We should hang out like this more often!" He chuckled.

"You? Hang with us?" Kuno laughed finishing up. "You barely even talk to me anymore since you've been hanging out with Rosendo and Freddy."

"Yeah," Juliana sighed handing me a box of unopened cookies. "Take some to your mom, I'm sure she'll like something sweet. You should walk your girlfriend home, Daniel." She said turning to Daniel after giving me a hug.

"You sure you don't need help?" He smiled genuinely at her. 

"I got it," Kuno said a bit harshly. 

"Alright," Daniel huffed turning to me. "Come on Kitten." He held my hand while we walked together in the direction of my apartment in silence. "You think Kuno is trying to get with Juliana?" He sighed breaking the silence.

"He has Ashley," I spoke.

"Yeah, She's cute." He smirked looking at me. "Maybe you could get some tips from her on how to wear makeup and cover up all those nasty scars on your face."

"Um yeah." I gulped feeling a sudden insecurity about my face.

"Maybe then you'll be beautiful." He sighed when his phone rang with a ringtone he assigned to Freddy. I felt a sudden sinking feeling in my stomach with those words, It made me feel like I wasn't enough. 

"Yo, Whats up!" He answered as we continued walking. "Nah, I'm not busy. Kay." He hung up and let out a sigh. "Gotta go. See you at Freddy's Tonight alright."

"But I cant. My mom-"

"I don't give a shit. Be there or we can just end it right here!" He said sternly.

"O-Okay." I gulped feeling so shrill and weak. He smiled, "I love you."  and kissed my forehead as he hurried off leaving me to walk the rest of the way home on my own. "It could've been worse." I sighed to myself in relief. As I turned the corner of where my apartment building was, I bumped into Kayla, who was waiting by the stairs of my apartment.