Drugged in Love

I slowly opened my eyes, for a brief moment I knew nothing of my fucked up life or what had happened yesterday. But like all things, they come to an end. I checked my phone to see if there was any notification from him. Nothing. I felt the numbness and pain set in, the feeling of being empty was growing bigger and all I wanted to do was cry again. 

"Out!, You're still a stupid little girl!"

"Ughhh!" I groaned trying to hold back tears and stuffing my face in my pillow. I didn't wanna get up today, But I also didn't want my mom to suspect anything. If you wonder why we never tell parents anything it's because you blow things out of proportion. We strive to be perfect in your eyes, So we hide shit to keep that image. That's why we are so fucked up on the inside. 

"Morning!" My mom yawned as she peeked her head into my room. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"Whatever." I sighed looking away and pretending to start making my bed. I didn't want her to see that I have been crying. "I'll be out after I get dressed..."

"Okay," I heard her yawn again. "Ill get food started than." Once I was in the clear I sat on my bed and began re-reading old messages from Daniel. Just to feel that giddy feeling again, Only it was bittersweet. I swallowed that feeling and messaged him.

N: Hey! Whatcha up too?

I was anxious to receive a text back, but seconds turned to minutes. Until I was called for breakfast and I had no choice but to head over to the kitchen with a fake smile plastered on my face. I sat at the table wearing a black long sleeve shirt to cover up my cuts while my mom served up breakfast.

"I made your favorite!" She said serving me scrambled eggs with cut up pieces of hot dog.

"Thanks, mom." I smiled back as I began to pick at my food, I wasn't feeling very hungry. I just wanted to hurry u and get back to my room. "M-Mom I think you served me too much." I chuckled.

"Nonsense." She said sitting across from my me. "Its the perfect portion for a growing girl. Eat, I have to go with Jorge in Tijuana. He landed in jail and I have to talk to some lawyers." 

"Mom, I'm really not hungry.." I sighed.

"Please Natasha." She sighed back. "Just eat so I don't have to worry." I gave her a weak smile and a nod and began slowly eating the food that was on my plate. I didn't want her to worry, I also didn't want her to judge me.

"Thank you." She smiled.

                             My mom left soon after breakfast, My stomach wasn't sitting well with the food that I had just forced myself to eat. I headed back to my bed and checked my phone, still nothing from him. I needed to prove to him that I was no longer a little girl, I needed to change. I picked myself up and opened up my drawers and closet. I looked through all my clothes till I found a V-Neck black tank top and a red vest. I grabbed some of my black jeans and used scissors to cut them into short shorts. I headed into my mom's bedroom where I stole a couple of her makeup and laid it all on my bed. I got undressed and began slipping on the tank top and vest when i heard a couple knocks on the door. I went to go answer it and realized I had no pants on until it was too late. 

"Oh, Hey Ruz!" I gulped my embarrassment. 

"Uh, Nat." He blushed and turned away. "Umm, Soooo. What is up with you?...." He said shyly. 

"Really?" I smile. "I'm the one who answered the door with no pants on and YOU'RE the one who is embarrassed!" I chuckle letting him in. "Whoa, What happened to your neck?" I asked noticing a few cuts on the side of his neck.