Distant Friends

"Class has started!" Ms. Woods, A petite older looking woman with a large pregnant belly, Stood up from her desk to introduce herself. "My rules are simple, Be on time and we won't have a problem. Do the opposite and you will receive Saturday school detention to make up for it. My name is Casey Woods and I will be your algebra teacher for this year." I began writing down what was on the board as she spoke when she caught my attention and called me out.

"Young Lady, Eyes on me please." She warned. "You can write whats on the board when I instruct you too. For now, listen!"

"Sorry.." I gulped, red from embarrassment.

"As I was saying..." She continued.

"Damn... Bryana whispered to me. "Birdie was right, She is a bitch." The whole class she spoke and left us the last 5 minutes to copy down the homework for tonight. How I despise teachers who give out homework on the very first day.

                     The bell rang and I felt such relief when it did, despite it being the first day Ms woods wasted no time.

"What's your next class?" Bryana called out catching up to me outside.

"Uh, Gym with ms Jackson." I sighed. "All the way on the other side of-"

"Campus, I know." She chuckled. "I saw it at the orientation last week. Lucky for us birdie knows a shortcut we can take, Follow me!" I followed her to the back of the school through the crowd and through some gates that led behind the schools docking area. "They always leave them open and nobody ever thought of going through here, Faster Access to the gym!"

"Thanks for showing me, Bry." I smiled. "I-Uh can call you that, Right?"

"Of course!" She smiled back. "So how do you like it here?"

"It's kinda cool." I sighed. "Just miss my old friends."

"I'm sure with time you'll make new ones," She bubbled taking my hand. "I mean, We're not so bad, Are we?"

"No." I smiled

"Cool! Now come on the next gate is the gym!"

                          I stepped out of the locker room wearing my gym clothes, A grey sweatshirt with the school logo of an eagle printed on it and black shorts. Whoever picked the colors wanted us to suffer. I couldn't hang out with Bryana cause she has the gym with another teacher, So i was alone yet again. I headed over to the soccer field where our teacher had instructed us to go after we were dressed when I bumped into a friendly face.

"Hey!" He smiled. "I knew you had gym next but I didn't see you head over here?"

"Bryana showed me a shortcut," I replied.

"Ah... Bryana." He sighed. "Through the docking gates?"

"Yeah, we got here pretty early," I said as we walked toward the teacher who was calling us over on the field.

"Hello, Students, Now today being the first day we won't be doing anything except going over, field and gymnasium rules," She instructed. "My name is Ms. Jackson." We sat on the field listening to her instructions and rules for the equipment and general field rules. I was playing around with the grass around me, pulling it as I listened when out if the blue Ruzzel handed me a small yellow flower. I smiled accepting the small flower and couldn't help but blush beet red when something heavy hit the back of my head making me black out for a second.

"Whoops!" An all too familiar cocky female voice giggled from behind me. "I forgot to catch it." I turned to see her, the blonde from earlier. She wore short yoga shorts and tank like her friends that were with her. The three Basic-Teers. Ruzzel got a hold of the basketball that she had thrown at me and tossed it to Ms. Jackson as she walked over, My head throbbing in pain.