4 | Fantástico

My mom always told me, you can't always push people away. Because someday nobody will comeback.

And she was right.

I hate it when she's right.

"Jordan, stop!"

He stopped immediately. I could tell by his body language, he was annoyed.

"Turn around."

And he did.

"Please talk to me."

"Oh permission to speak, boss." He crosses his arms while he looks at me so coldly.

"Don't do this, Jordan. I'm sorry I snapped at you." I took a step forward making him step back. "Jordan talk to me."

"Fine, why are you poppin pills?" Walks towards me and stops till his body is an inch away, looking down at me.

"Because-

"Who's ready to rob shit!" Alex shouts causing the both of us to jump. "I'm sorry did I- interrupt something."

Jordan immediately stepped away," Nope let's go."

As Logan drove and the rest socialized. I began to think about Jack again.

Why the hell did he have to show up. I was fine... until he showed up.

Really Zoe, Fine?

Shut up conscience!

I wonder what he wanted other then to apologize? Was I wrong for turning him down? Or maybe-

"Zoe, we're here." Logan spoke snapping me out of my thoughts. We put on our ski masks and walked in the jewelry store.

"Everybody out...and I'm only gonna say it once!" I shot a warning shot. Everybody ran out screaming which made me laugh. If my "dad" could see me now. "You guys know what to do."

"Nick, Alex in the back... Jordan up front keep a look out." They did as they were told. While I put my focus on the glass displays.

There was silence. Not a peaceful silence but a awkward silence.

"Why?"

Never mind.

"What?"

"Why are you using drugs?"

"Now you wanna talk?" I snapped my head to face him as he guarded the door. To keep an eye out.

"Tell me... what's the reason for it?" He left his post and stood in front of me.

"Drop it Jordan."

"Tell me."

"Go back to your post!"

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell me."

"Tell me."

"Tell me."

"Tell-

"I SAW JACK!"

"Wh-what?"

"Jack came to Off The Map where I worked and saw me.... okay?" I finally looked at his eyes that were filled with guilt. "He apologized and wanted to tell me something but I didn't give him a chance."

"Ah Zoe I'm sor-"

"Oh fantástico... our work is finished." I heard a thick Spanish accent by the entrance door. It was 3 men in black clothing that all wore ski masks.

I noticed one wore a sleeveless hoodie. Which revealed a black dragon tattoo on his left bicep.

Not the guy that choked me.

"Black Dragons." I crossed my arms.

"So you heard of us?" 

"Never... I just saw the stupid tat on your friends arm." I pointed it out and their "leader" laughs.

"Hand over the bags... and no one dies."
He crosses his arms his tone wasn't so friendly, more cold then ever.

"Your real funny... no."

"I'm sure your leader would understand."

Little does he know.

"No."

"Look I'm sure your voice is as cute as you look behind that mask... so don't make me have to kill you." He took a step forward and as did I  "My men is taking care of your little gang friends as we speak."

That's when I started to hear gunshots.

With a simple snap of his fingers he left. But his men however, started to crack their knuckles. The guy with sleeves walked towards me, while Jordan handles the other.

I got in a few good punches before he caught my fist. He Punched me right in the gut. It took me a minute because for some reason I felt light headed.

Fuck I shouldn't have taken those pills on an empty stomach.

Suddenly, I found myself laying on the floor. He started to choke me by grabbing the bottom of my mask, holding it back to cut my air supply.

I held onto his arms and saw it was the guy from the parking lot. The tattoo was on his forearm!

He fucking choked me before! Now I'm pissed!

I dug my nails into his skin and punched him in the throat with the other hand. He let me go and I quickly took my mask off.

I gasped for air as he remained on my torso. However, I felt a pair of eyes- his eyes to be exact.

Is he staring at me?

"Zoe?" I heard him whisper.

"What?"

Did he say my name?

"LETS GO... WE GOT THE BAGS!" I heard the guy Jordan fought off yell. The guy that was on me ran out so quick.

I was left speechless.

"Zoe you okay?" Jordan helped me up while I kept my eyes on the door.

Until I finally composed myself.

"I told you not leave your post."