30 | Lies!

Patience is not about waiting, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.

Something I don't have at the moment.

"He's loosing a lot of blood but we are doing everything we can to save your friend."

"What are you doing here talking to me? Save him damn it!" I shout at the surgeon not caring that I'm making a scene in the lobby.

"We are trying miss, please lower your voice." She holds out her hands stepping away, afraid. As if I was gonna hit her in front of all these people.

"WELL TRY HARDER!" I scream causing her to run back through the doors that we can't go through.

"Zoe..." I heard Ryder call my name as he touched my shoulder. I quickly moved my shoulder forward avoiding his touch.

"I need air." I mumble running out the automatic doors.

I stared at my blood stained hands that I hadn't washed off. My breathing started to get heavy the more I thought about what had happened.

FlashBack

I watched the shooters body and his body fall to the ground. I ran over sliding across the floor to his body that was surrounded in a pool of blood. I held onto his wound as I tried my best not to cry in front of him.

"RYDER CALL 911!" I shout as i continue to hold the blood in his pale body.

"I- I don't- w-wanna die." Alex croaked before he completely goes unconscious.

"Alex please stay with me!" I cried to him. "I can't loose you too!"

End Of FlashBack

"You had one job." A familiar voice spoke from behind. A voice I hadn't heard in months.

"Jasmine."

"You promised me you'd keep him safe! What happened?"

"Jasmine."

"Jasmine! Is that all you can say to me? ANSWER ME!" She shouts clenching her hands into fists. Tears started to trickle down her cheeks.

The more she spoke the more angry I became. The more my breathing got heavy.

"No wait let me guess, he was trying to clean up a mess that you made... again."

"What are you getting at?" I say through my gritted teeth.

"Your reckless, irresponsible... your like a virus that affects everyone around you!" Her tears eventually stopped, and her fists began to form again. "Thanks to you he's dying!"

Shut up.

"When is it gonna sink in that these things happen because of you. Do you ever ask if I'm okay? Do you ask if I need anything...

"Shut up."

"What?"

"SHUT... UP...I'm so sick of you! I don't need this today! I don't need you doing this to me today!" I've never lashed out on her until today. "You didn't see Alex get shot, you didn't see his pale unconscious body in a pool of blood! You aren't getting those images in your head!" I took a step forward. "But I'm sorry I haven't been paying much attention... how are you today Jasmine?"

"You got my friend shot! How do you think I feel?"

"Friend? HA! I'd hardly say Your his friend considering...

"Considering what?"

"CONSIDERING... you left!"