21| So They Know?

The truth doesn't cost anything, but a lie could cost you everything.

Friendship, love, trust.

Trust is like and eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.

"Wake up, love we are here."

My eyes flutter open as I sat up from the slouched position. I looked through the window to see a large sign on the side of the road saying, 'Welcome to Stone River

"Where are we?" My eyes widen while I frantically look at my surroundings.

"Relax love, we are in a small town just little outside of LA." He calmly shrugs as his pulls over and parks along the sidewalk, along with the other cars.

"What?"

"You said you wanted to runaway."

"Not literally, I didn't mean drive me out of LA! Especially not with a stranger." I unbuckle my seat belt as I opened the car door.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would've done it by now." He assures before walking across the street.

I looked both ways before running across, meeting him on the other side. I walked closely behind him observing the people that passed by me.

The people here are laughing, walking at the slowest place. They look like they have all the time in the world.

"They seem... normal?" He chuckles at my comment as we continue to walk. "Where are we going?"

"I'm hungry." He stops at this 80s looking diner. He opens the door and gestures for me to enter. I slowly walk in still cautious of my surroundings.

"Nathan, long time no see." A tall African American women greets him with a warm smile.

"I'm sorry." He smiles revealing his dimples.

"Who's this beautiful thing?" She turns her attention towards me, eyeing me from head to toe.

"She's new..." he drapes his arm around my shoulder giving her a certain look. She immediately gets it and nods.

"I see, welcome to Stone River." She smiles before taking us to our seats. She places the menus on the table before giving us a moment to review the menu.

"How do they know you?" I set the menu down staring at him. Who's attention all in the menu.

"I'm thinking of getting the pancake special."

"What is this place?"

"Ooh with bacon!"

"Nathan, why are we here? How do you know this place? Why am I here? Why aren't you answering my questions?" I snap slamming my fist on the table.

"Firstly, calm down people are staring. Secondly, I'm not going to answer until I have my pancakes and bacon- oh and eggs!" His eyes lit up as he stares at the menu again.

This is gonna be a long day.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

After a long painful brunch later, Nathan finally finished his meal. The African American lady takes our plates and smiles.

"On the house."

"Thank you." I smile back. But of course it quickly fades once my eyes set on Nathan. "Talk."

"I was a mess, I did drugs of every kind."