15 | He's Here

Never get to busy making a living that you forget to make a life.

"I promise, I'll have the money by tomorrow!" The man cried, scared shitless as Ryder held the gun to his chest.

"I needed it yesterday." He clenches the gun tighter then before.

"Cmon Ryder hurry up!" I whine looking at the clock on my phone.

"Hold on!" He snaps his head in my direction. I held my hands up in defense,sticking my tongue out. "You know what, your gonna get it later."

"Ryder?" I point the man that was held at gun point, running off.

"Damn it!" He cusses. I snatched the gun from his hand and shot him. "Zoe!" He scolded with a shocked facial expression.

"What?" I ask innocently lifting his shirt up. I tucked the gun between his stomach and pants. "Let's go, we'll be late." I walk quickly to his black truck. I sat in the drivers seat, waiting for him.

"Where are we going?" He bluntly asked, totally unhappy that I forced him to come.

I bit my lower lip, smiling. "You'll see."

Once we got to our location his jaw dropped. He shook his head dramatically crossing his arms.

"Hell fucking no!"

"Oh cmon... please!" I plead, unbuckling my seat belt. He shook his once more. "Why not?"

"High school girls in this school is horny! I'm not going!" He pouts running his hand through his soft hair.

I roll my eyes and stepped out of the car.

"Let's go."

He swings the car door open, out of frustration. He slams the door behind him, then adjusting his red fitted T shirt.

"Aye, not my fault you wore that shirt." I chuckle.

He wore a red plain T that sculpted his his biceps. He had black joggers and white high tops. He had a black stud in his right ear. He looked good, not gonna lie.

"Let's go." He stomped off, entering the school. We were here for Jade, she plays against West High. Our rivalry school.

When walked into the gym so many high school memories came back. The good and the bad. I was never the popular kid, I was never the nerd. I was just Zoe Ford, the chiefs daughter.

But of course that all changed once I was kidnapped and well you know the story. Since then I was a freak. But hey that's high school for ya.

"Hi cutie." I heard some whisper while we passed.

"What's your name?"

"You go here, damn."

"Zoe," I hear Ryder call me like a little kid.

"Suck it up," I mused, trying so hard to hold in my laugh.

We sat down at the top of the stands. Watching the girls warm up for the game. I saw Jade in her uniform, wearing the number 6.

She smiled and waved crazily. I smiled and waved back blowing a kiss. Not long after the game started, Jades team had the ball first.

Ryder seemed pretty interested in the game. Which was a shock to me because he doesn't really seem the type. I just brought him along because it's a little awkward between the gang and I. Jack is busy with business.

Wait- is that- no it can't be. You can't be that stupid, right?

"Zoe!" Ryder shouted, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

"He's here," I whisper.

"Who?"

"Him!" I exclaim running down the bleachers. I glanced over at Jade who looked at me funny. "Bathroom." I shout and ran out the gym, in the halls.

So many memories the good the bad and the ugly. This is the hall where the ugly happened, where Mason died. Where I was kidnapped by Jayce. Everything happened.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I spat. So much anger took over me, everything I went through was because of him.

"I can't come and support my sister?" He answered gesturing to the gym door. 

"No Jayce you can't! If she sees you... you'll hurt her," my voice started to sound shaky. I cannot cry, not in front of him.

"You know the more we're out here talking. The more we miss the game." He starts to walk towards the door. Like nothing matters. Nothing mattered.

Which made me even more mad.

"NO... you don't get to walk away!"

"Why not?"

"You put us through hell... I lost Jack because of you. Logan was so messed up, he hit me! Jade was depressed for a month when you supposedly died! I have a drug problem!" I began yelling, I hope no one could hear me in the gym.

"Zoe-" he tried to interrupt but I didn't let him.

"I'm so messed up... I don't want her to be like me! She's not your sister you lost that title. And no you don't get to see Jade because she will break!" I huffed placing my hands on my hips.

After I got over the fact that I yelled at Jayce. I looked at his facial expression, it was different from the last time I saw him. From moments before I said these things. Now he looks like he actually felt bad. Like he actually cares.

"Zoe are you okay?" I heard Ryder from behind. Suddenly, Jayce tenses up and his eyes turned dark.

"I'm fine."

"Go to the car." He whispers in my ear placing his hand on my lower back.

"Ryder," I worried.

"Go." He sternly said and I did. Well I turned the corner so they couldn't see me ease dropping.

"Who the hell are you?" Jayce barked.

"Not important."

"Who the hell are you?" Jayce barked again. I started to bite my nails from being so damn nervous.

"Someone who cares about Zoe, that's who!" He retorted. "Listen, and listen closely... if you ever lay a hand on her in any harmful way. I will not hesitate to kill you myself."

"Who the hell do you think-"

Suddenly, Jayce was silent. I don't know what he did but it shut him right up.

"The leader of the Vice Kings was my baby brother... so I will not hesitate to kill you!"

Holy shit what the hell just happened?