23 | Take Him Back

There's only so much you can handle... and then there comes that point where you feel like you don't have a firm grip on anything anymore.

"Don't freak out... he's alive," Logan nervously chuckles. I guess he noticed me staring at all the blood on his shirt.

"Yeah, he's all chained up and fine." Alex backs up Logan; who is just as nervous as him.

"Jack, What is he doing here?" I calmly asked.

"You said sorry was just a word. You said to try harder, this is me trying harder."

"By kidnapping Jayce Calaway!"

"Well yeah, I thought you might want some answers. So I brought him here to you guys."

"Take him back!"

"What?" Nick spoke up finally.

"I don't want him in this house, take him back." I poked Jacks chest. "I don't want answers, I don't want him and I defiantly don't want you."

"Zoe, let's think about this." Logan placed his hand on my shoulder ease me.

"I already thought-

I stopped myself once I heard moaning.

He's waking up.

Without hesitation I quickly left the room, Watching from the other side. The guys quickly followed behind before Jayce could see us.

Before I spoke I pressed the mute button so that he couldn't hear our conversation.

"Jack, we don't know what we're dealing with. He works for the Black Dragons, unknown territory."

"I'll take full blame. You just worry about getting answers out."

"I don't want answers!"

"Jack, give us a minute." Jordan draped his arm over my shoulder. He nods and leaves the room, giving us a moment to process. "This could be good, Zoe."

"Yeah, we can finally get the answers we need." Nick gestures to Jayce. Who was looking around, trying to fight the chains.

"No."

"Zoe, don't you want to know why he left us? How he's alive." Alex walks on the other side of Logan to make sure I was looking at his face.

"Alex is right, dont you want that?"

"NO, I don't... I don't care."

Logan finally snapped, slightly annoyed of my stubbornness, "You don't wanna know because you don't care? Or you don't wanna know because you're too scared?"

Scared.

I'm too scared.

"We'll do it." Jordan suggests.

"Yeah, we'll take care of everything." Nick assures. "You won't even know he's here."

I look at each and every one of them and their eyes had one thing in common. Hope, they had hope in their eyes, they sparkled. Which is what I'm afraid of. I don't want them finding out the truth and it hurts them.