20 | Scrambled Love?

Most of our mistakes, the big ones at least, are the result of allowing emotion to overrule logic. We knew the right choice but didn't obey.

At the moment I really wish I obeyed.

"My fucking head hurts," I groan, attempting to adjust my eyes to the sunlight.

Once my eyes adjusted I realize that I'm not in my room. That I am not dressed under these sheets and that I'm all alone in the bed.

Wait i remember this room... this is the room I stayed in after I got mobbed.

That's when it all came back to me, the fight, the drinking, the- oh my god I can't believe I slept with, Ryder the leader of the Hustlers. I need to get- never mind I can't because I'm fighting with the gang.

I got up from the bed, wrapping the sheets around my body. I searched the room for my clothes but I couldn't find them, only my underwear. That's. When I saw folded clothes with a note along with it.

Something came up, went out to take care of business. Don't leave my room, just chill out, watch tv, and shower. I'll see you soon.
- R

Great, looks like I'll be stuck in here for a while. Luckily, I have a shower and a tv to keep me company.

I grabbed the clothes from the chair and went into his bathroom that connected into his bedroom. I let the water run down my body as I stood there reflecting on what had happened yesterday.

"3 weeks!"

"He's supposed to be dead."

"Missed me?"

"You could've tried harder!"

Their voices, their words kept replaying in my head. Over and over again. Why can't I just get a break for once!

~~~~~~~~~

I'm SO bored. Disney channel is doing a marathon on That's So Raven, I'm on the tenth episode!

"That's so Raven, it's the future I can see! That's so Raven, it's so mysterious to me!" I sang along with the tv.

My mind is all over the place.

I haven't eaten and I'm starving, my stomach will not quit growling.  I know Ryder told me not to leave the room.

Why the hell did I sleep with Ryder?

How am I gonna face my gang?

I AM STILL HUNGRY!

I look at the clock it was 11:28 AM.

I sat there staring at the television, contemplating.

"I can't take it anymore!" I looked at the clock, 11:29. "I need to eat!" I swung open the door and looked both ways before completely stepping out.

I quickly made my way down the stairs, again looking around if anyone was here. I ran into the kitchen quickly and quietly as possible.

"Game plan: Milk, any type of food, and then out!"  I said to myself, before opening the fridge. I found a gallon of milk. I searched the cabins for cups but couldn't find anything but knives and guns. "Damn they really stock up."

I shrug and drink straight from the bottle.

"Who the hell are you?" I heard a deep voice, spoke.

Busted.

I casually wiped my mouth, looking at him with a blank face. "Friend of Ryder's."  I notice his eyes glance at the open cabinets and his darken. In one swift move he takes his gun out aiming at me.

"Seriously, why would I rob you?"

"Who the hell are you?

I opened my mouth to speak but someone beat me to it.

"Xander, boss wants you," A tall handsome brunette with a British accent spoke. "I got her mate, go." 

"Make sure this bitch-

"Go."

He huffs before lowering the gun. He glares at me one more time before leaving the room.

"Look, I'm a-

"Friend of Ryder's, I know love." He smiles showing off his dimples. He leans his side on the door frame with his arms crossed.

Damn I need to be more careful, if anybody else finds out I'm the leader of the Royal Savages... I'm dead. This time Ryder cant save me.

Finally taking in his appearance,  he had brown  spiked up hair, black studs on each side of his ear and a piercing above one of his eyebrows. He had full sleeve tattoo on his right arm. His was body strongly built. His accent was a cherry on top.

"You do realize that he isn't here, right?"

"Yeah I know." He smirks pushing his body off the wall.

I smile, "Thanks for that."

"You hungry, love? Would you like some eggs?" He walks over opening the fridge. "Scrambled?"

I was so busy gawking I forgot to speak. So he smirks and moves closer.

"Scrambled, love?" He lowers his voice.

"Y-yes." I stutter.

"Coming up." He claps his hands.

I watched from the other side of the counter,  sitting on a high stool. He whisked the eggs in a small bowl while the stove was getting hot.

"So how serious is this thing between you and Ryder? You his girlfriend?"

"No."

"Did he pay you?"

"What, no! I'm not a fuckin prostitute!"

"Then what are you, friends with benefits?" He finally looks up from the bowl to see my eyes wander somewhere else. "Ether you don't know... or you do know and you just don't want to tell me."

I opened my mouth to say something but I was cut off by the sound of the eggs sizzling against the pan.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you and Ryder meet?"

I struggled to come up with an answer but luckily for me I was interrupted by a loud growl and the sound of a door slamming.

"Nathan!"

"I'm here, mate!" The British man spoke again.

So that's what his name is.

"Zoe, I thought I told you to stay in the room," Ryder's eyes were dark and cold, his fists were clenched. Why is he being this way?

"I know but-

He slammed his fist in the wall. "But nothing, I told you-

"Easy there, mate. I let her out to fix her some food. It fine, everything is fine." Nathan moved around the counter to stand in front of me, protectively?

He wouldn't hurt me, would he?

"I have to deal with shit, can you handle her until I come back?" He hisses before leaving the room.

What the hell was that about?

"Come on love."

"No offense, but I don't know you." I nervously wrap my arms around my body. Realizing that I'm only wearing Ryder's hoodie which is like a dress on me.

"Come on."

"Where?"

"Out."