28 | Bet

I feel so lost right now I don't know what to do anymore.

Here I stood between my ex boyfriend and the guy I have benefits with. Can't really get any worse then this. Right?

"You have some nerve." I calmly point out.

"Leave me." He told his men and they did. I noticed Ryder nodded off to his men and they left as well.

"We were just discussing how much money is on the table." Jayce willingly admits slinging his arm over my shoulders.

"For what?" I look towards Ryder. He had a serious face on with his arms crossed.

"Race."

"What a fantastic idea, Jay Jay." A tall muscular male stood at Jayce's side. He was slightly taller and older. He has light brown hair hair just like Jayce. For some reason his presence was very intimidating.

"You are?" I confidently speak up crossing my arms.

"I'm Jacob Calaway, Jay Jay's brother." He smiles resting his arm on his shoulder. He held out his hand for me to shake but I was still trying to process.

Jay Jay? Brother? Did I hear that right?

"Zoe." I took his hand to shake it but instead he flipped it over and kissed the top of my hand.

"Why don't we have a good old fashioned race. Ryder you and me." He finally releases my hand, I look over at Ryder and we locked eyes for a moment. For once his facial expression softens.

"I don't think that's-
Jayce went silent, not finishing his sentence. I noticed Jacob was staring at Jayce very intensely.

"How much?"

"5 million... not much."

That was a lot for me... I never bet that much 1 million maybe but five? No.

"Bet."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"It rained earlier so it's a little wet on the track so drive smart not stupid." The man spoke over the intercom.

I took several deep breathes as walk over to my car. That sat in the middle of the two leaders, Jacob on my right and Ryder on my left.

"Zoe you don't wanna do this." Jayce rushes over to my car blocking my way to get in.

"You better move before he sees us speaking to one another."

"My brother, he's insane and untrustworthy when it comes to races."

"I'll take my chances." With that I shoved him out of the way and got in the car. I watched Jacob through the rear view mirror. He slowly made his way to his car.

I watched the women hold up a red flag above her head. I looked to my left then right before looking straight. I watched the women drop her arm and we were off.

We started off in a row at first but when the turn came around I was in the lead. At least for a bit until Ryder passed me. I tried my best to focus on the road and not about the fact that Jayce has a brother he didn't tell me about.

It's absolutely impossible-

"HEY!" I shouted at Jacob who cut me off to take second place. I shook it off and stomped on the gas shifting my gear. I zipped right passed him smirking.

I was catching up with Ryder until I heard a loud bang and my car slightly shifted. I looked over and Jacob was next to me. A smirk appeared on his face, it was scary.

My brother, he's insane and untrustworthy when it comes to races.

I should've listened!

It all happened so fast... my car was spinning out of control, the wall came closer and closer until I finally came into contact with it.

The glass shatters around me, as I rested my head against the steering wheel. I couldn't move, the drivers side was smashed and blocked by the wall I hit.

I should've listened.

"Zoe, stay with me!" Ryder peeks his head through the shattered window.

I should've listened.

"Zoe... stay awake!" Ryder opened the door and climbed in helping me out of the seat, He slides me over on his lap. "Your okay." He brushes a piece of hair out of my bloody face.

I nod slowly slightly moaning in response.

"I- I should-

"Don't speak... I got you." He lifted me out bridal style, I rest my head against his hard chest. I've never felt safer, it's been awhile.

"I should've listened."

Jayce Calaway POV

I watched Zoe's car spin out of control due to my brothers illegal games. My heart immediately drops
Once I saw her car crash into the wall. Without hesitation I began to run as fast as I could.

"Jayce." A happy voice called out to me. But I ignored it until two men stepped in front of me. Derek and Ethan, Jacobs right hand man.

"Sorry bro." Ethan spoke causing me to let out a groan.

I turned my body  around to see my brother standing right in front of me.

"YOU COULD'VE KILLED HER!" I shoved him as hard as I could.

He smirks, "You broke the rules."

"I need to see if she's alright!"

"She doesn't seem to need you." He lifts his head up a bit gesturing behind me. I noticed Ryder carrying  her out of the car, her head rested on his chest as he walked away. "I could've killed her, but I didn't."

"Why?" I hiss turning my attention back on him.

"I warned you about talking to her and you broke the rules. You know what happens when you break the rules." He lowered his voice, this time a not so nice tone. "I warned you."

"Jac-

"Didn't I?"

"Jacob!"

"Didn't I?"

"No, Jacob don't." I pleaded as I looked back at Zoe and the gang. "I can't please, anything but that!"

"You broke the-

"STOP SAYING THAT!" I placed my hands over my head as I crouched down.

What have I done?

I should've pushed her away sooner.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
AUTHORS NOTE:

Merry Christmas!

I'm so sorry this chapter really got me stuck. I had writers block for the longest time.... but no worries here it is. I hope y'all enjoy it, lmk in the comments what you guys think.

Hope you guys have a good Christmas!

-XOXO
True_hawaiian