25 | Part II

The saddest kind of sad is when your tears can't even drop and feel nothing. It's like the world is ending.

You don't cry.
You don't hear.
You don't see.
You stay.
And just for a second, your heart dies.

After a while of pounding on the door I gave up. I can't keep doing this to myself, pretend to be alright.

I'm not flawless, I have flaws and lots of it. I don't have a devoted gang, my gang is stubborn knuckleheads. And Freedom, I don't even know what that is!

Having Jayce saying all those things made me frustrated. Not only with him but with myself.

I couldn't function anymore.

"Zoe, what are you doing in here?" I heard a voice that sounded like Jordan's. I look up to see Jordan and Nick with a concerned look on there faces.

Nick then opened his mouth to say something but to me no sound came out. Whatever they have to say meant nothing to me at this point. They can't stop me from what I'm about to do.

"Can you unchain Jayce and bring him up the the rooftop with me, please." I stood to my feet and saw there confused faces. "That's an order."

"Zoe, what happened? Why were you-

"Logan locked me in a room with him for the whole day. I had to listen to him all day, I'm done." I walked out before they could ask anymore or react in anyway. I saw my reflection on the wall mirror in the hall.

My eyes were red and puffy due to the crying. I looked exhausted, I look defeated and I hated that. I shook my head and went in the elevator. Once those doors opened to a staircase I stepped out and jogged up the steps and opened the door to the rooftop.

I walked over and took a step up on the bleacher so I could be near the edge of the roof, looking over city.

"Zoe, come down from there!" Jordan exclaims.

"Zoe please, let's talk!" Alex

Everyone has a breaking point.

"Zoe, come down from there... NOW!" Nick commands still holding onto Jayce.

I don't feel anymore.

"I would like to have a moment alone with Jayce." I calmly spoke. The wind blew a little harder blowing my hair to the left.

"No-

"I wasn't asking, that was an order." I sternly said crossing my arms while shifting my weight to my right side.

They all looked at each other with concern. But they eventually let Jayce go and stepped back inside.

"You really wanna know, Jayce?"

I used to be sad but now I'm just numb.

"Ever since you left my life has been hell. Jack leaving me when I needed him, the gang, my dad trying to arrest my ass, your hoes trying to kill me for your "death". Then you, not being dead and ruining my life!"

I analyzed his expressions and I couldn't tell if he cared or if he was tuning me out.

"You know that wasn't the first time Logan has hit me. Nope, that's like the fourth time now and the guys don't know but you. I have a drug problem cause of you," I paused and smiled.

"It's exhausting, Jayce. Really it is trying to juggle all this shit because of you! As you spoke to me I started think... why am I doing all this? Then I started think... would it be so bad if I just suddenly disappear?"

I turn around to face the city, feeling the wind hit my face.

"If I were to jump off right now, it wouldn't really affect anything, right? Nick would take over....My dad already hates me... you hate me... the gang sorta hates me." I turn my body to see his face turn more into a 'I don't believe you' look.

"Your not gonna jump," He stated ever so confidently. He walked over and stepped up next to me.

"I realized that nobody really cares, nobody."I inched closer to the edge taking a deep breath. I took one long last look at the city.

I'm taking a real risk here.

I shut my eyes real tight and I jumped.

But it didn't last long when suddenly, I felt two hands hook onto my arms, not too long after I was being pulled up.

I brushed the back of my thighs off as I stood up. I gave Jayce the nastiest look I could give.

"Why the hell would you do that?" I spat.

"BECAUSE I CARE, OKAY?" He shouts and he grabbed a hold on my shoulders. "It was an act, I care about you, okay? I care about the gang just don't jump, please."

Life is all about taking a risk to get what you want. In this case that's exactly what I did.

"I win."