17 | Our Little Secret

"We need to split up... Nick, Alex, Jack you're down here. Jordan and Logan you're with me. The faster we find her the faster we can leave."

"What about the Black Dragons?" Jordan questions, while checking his gun if it was loaded.

"If they get in your way, kill em." I order before we went our separate ways.

We went to the second floor to check the upper classrooms. We each took one room each so it'll go faster.  I went in my first class and they were all crouched down on the floor. Some kids crying, some hyperventilating, and some calm.

"Don't worry I won't kill you ... I promise. I just want to know if Jade Calaway is in this room?" I look around but nobody said a word.

I let out a sigh,"Does anybody know who she is?" Still nobody answered, so I went for the door. "Pile the desks up, blocking the door. So nobody comes in, got it?"

I walked out and not long after I heard movement from the class I came from. I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I moved onto the next class.

They were in the same positions as the last class. This time I actually recognized the teacher. She was one of the teachers that hated me.

"Is Jade Calaway in here," I ask causing them to look around the room.

"Mrs. Ford, are you behind this-"

"No, Mrs.Knight I'm not apart of this. Im one of the good guys." It's sorta the truth ish. "Do you know where I can find her?"

"I'm not allowed to share any information-"

"She's my sister!"

"I'm sorry-" I started to grow I'm patient so without thinking I pulled out my gun.

"Room 206!"

"Thank you." I mumble exiting the room. I heard chatter coming from around the corner. I brace myself for whatever is bound to happen.

A total of two guys from the Black Dragons. They wore masks and all black clothing. Without hesitation I shot them both. I sprinted down the halls so I could finally get her in room 206.

"Zoe!" I hear a loud whisper coming from behind. "Did you find her?" Logan questions, poking his head out the classroom door.

"Yeah, room 206. Meet me there with Jordan." I replied before running off again.

204... 205... 206!

I looked in the small window on the door to see three guys in there. I walked in without hesitation, suddenly all eyes were on me. I held my gun up pointing to the middle guy. They all pointed their guns at me.

"Who the hell are you!" The middle one demanded.

"That's for me to know and you to wonder," I answer before shooting him I looked at the scared kids. "I'm sorry guys, i advise you to shut your eyes." That's when I shot the middle guy. 

His friends started to fire like crazy. I dove to the ground behind the teachers desk.

"Mrs. Ford?"

"Mrs. Kristy?" My old school counselor.

"Youre a-"

"Yeah... I am." I started to shoot at them but I kept missing.

"A police officer?" She finishes her thought.

"What... no I'm in a gang."I chuckle at the thought of me being an officer. But my smile fades once they started to use some students as shields. "Shit!"

I stood to my feet and shot one of the guys hands. He immediately let the girl go. He screamed in pain, I smirk and shot him dead.

"Just you now," he aimed his gun at me and pulled his trigger. But all you heard was a click, nothing happened.

HA! He's out of bull-

Out of no where he was shot dead! I turn to see Jordan holding his gun up.

"Did you-"

"ZOE!" Jade stood up running over to me. Pulling me into the tightest hug ever.

"Can't. Breathe." I struggle to let out, which made her release. "Come on we need to go."

"I texted the guys, saying we found her." Logan informs as we jog down the hall towards the stairs.

We met up with the rest of the guys close by the schools exit.

"Jade, thank god." Nick rushes over hugging her ever so tightly. Which made my heart melt. They are so fucking cute.

"Aww, isn't that sweet!" I heard a familiar voice, which makes me suddenly sick to my stomach.

I quickly pull out my gun aiming at the masked man on the other side of the hall. My heart began to race.

"Jack take her home, NOW!" I order and  without question he takes her away. "Guys go to the car."

"Look at this little reunion, the whole gangs back together!" The guy spoke again.

"We're not leaving you." Nick scoffs.

"Guys go."

"I'm all out, you?" Alex questions the guys if they had any bullets left. Sadly nobody did, but luckily I had my gun.

"Please leave." I begged guys.

"Aw, come on Zoe... don't you think it's time." The guy mused crossing his arms taking a few steps forward.

"I swear to god, stop moving!" I hiss clenching both hands on the gun. "Leave before I fucking shoot your ass."

"Who the hell are you?" Logan demands in a cold tone.

"Zoe, don't you think it's time we tell them," he holds his hand by his mouth. Pretending the others couldn't hear him. "Our little secret."

You can run with a lie.  But you can't hide from the truth. It will catch you.

"Don't!"

"Zoe what's going on?" Jordan questions  totally confused like the rest of the guys.

"Zoe has been keeping a very dark secret from you guys," he pauses for a moment before speaking again. "A secret that would change things."

I quickly pressed the trigger but nothing happened. My heart dropped knowing I don't have any bullets ether.

He took a few more steps  before speaking once again. "... And I think it's time that you knew."

Secrets and lies kill relationships. No matter how careful you are, you will get caught.

He took off his mask, revealing the face I never wanted to see again.