16 | Hello?

8:20 AM

"Promise?"

"Goodbye Jade."

"Say it!" She points at me as she walks backwards towards the school.

"Fine, I promise I will pick you up and we will eat till we get sick. Then watch movies till the sun comes up." I watch her eyes brighten with happiness.

"Love you!" She calls out.

"Yeah, yeah." I watch her walk towards the schools entrance. She turns around and smiles before disappearing through those doors.

Little did I know, all things would go south from there. Who knew that would be the last good thing that would happen to me in a while. I certainly didn't.

10:30 AM

"The money, where is it?" I aimed the gun right at his head. He's shaking in his shoes, dripping with sweat. "Come on Owen I don't have all day."

"I'm s-sorry I-I don't ha-have it," he stuttered, quickly wiping the sweat from his forehead. "Please, don't kill me."

"Owen, I gave you a chance. Twice actually and now I'm growing impatient." I clenched my free hand into a fist.

"Oh please... I just need..." I would've listened to what he had to say but I got distracted by a black hoodie on the other side of the road from the alley that we were at.

He slowly took it off revealing his face. Jayce Calaway's face to be exact.  My heart started to race and I dropped the gun.

Suddenly, I was shoved to the ground.

"Damn!" Alex cursed running after Owen. He took out his gun and shot him right in the leg, then in the head. "What the hell Zoe?"

"I-I'm- I just..."

"What happened?" He tucks his gun in the front of his pants, adjusting his shirt to cover it.

"I got distracted," I shrug. Hopefully he'll drop this and we can move on.

"Distracted?! By what, the cars?"

Or not.

"Get off my ass will ya!" I got up and started to walk not taking my eyes off the other side of the road.

Where the hell did that bastard go?

"ZOE!" I heard a loud honk, then I was on the ground with Alex hovering over me. "WHAT IS WITH YOU!"

"I got-"

"Distracted... I know!"

12:15 PM
Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse... it did.

"Zoe!"

"I'm fine, I'm not trying to kill myself if that's what your worried about," I acknowledged since everyone is afraid of saying it.

"We're just worried about you that's all." Jordan admitted hesitantly.

Alex chimes in,"Yeah you know with the drug thing..."

"And the Jayce thing..." Nick trails off.

"Guys, seriously I'm fine... Ive eased up on the drugs, sorta. I forgotten about the Jayce thing, it's done." I try to explain in the best convincing voice I could. "I'm fine and this time I mean it."

"Maybe she's high." Nick suggests causing them to bicker among themselves.

I roll my eyes and sigh, letting them bicker.

That's when I get the phone call that changed everything. Nothing would be the same. But of course I didn't know that.

"Shhh shut up!" I finally pressed the accept button on my phone.

"Hello?" I answer the phone.

Nobody answered, just heavy breathing on the other side of the phone. I could hear some unrecognizable whispers.

"Jade?" I asked concerned.

The guys looked at me worried, they all crowded around me. I put it on speak and placed it on the coffee table. So everyone could hear what I'm hearing.

"Z-Zo?"

"Jade, are you okay?"

"Th-they a-are here." She stutters into the phone.

"Who?" Nick spoke, as he kneels down to the phone.

"The Black Dragons... at least that's what they said in the halls. They shot people... Zoe." Her voice was so shaky, she was crying. Shes so scared. "We- we were eating lunch and then gun shots, blood, scream-"

"Jade slow down, where are you?"

"I'm in the-" before she could finish her sentence, three beeps interrupted. Bringing us back to the home screen on the phone.

I swear my heart fell out of my chest.

"What do we do?" Alex asks breaking the silence.

Jordan grew impatient, "Zoe what do we-"

"Guys, gear up... Nick call Jack we're gonna need him," I finally spoke and hoped over the couch to ran up the stairs.

I went into Logans room to see him in bed throwing a tennis ball against the wall.

"Logan-"

"Go to hell!"

"Logan-"

"NO, screw you! Screw your suspension shit! I did what I had to do, they messed with-

"SHUT UP!" I barked. "I came up here to take you off suspension! If you would have shut the hell up and get your head out your ass. We would've been passed this!"

"What?"

"Jade is in trouble at school. The Black Dragons are there shooting up the place. I don't know where in the school, but she's-"

"Why didn't you say so...let's go!"

"I TRIED!"

Logan smirks,"Let's go kick some ass!"