22 | Don't Freak Out

"What do you want?"

"Honestly Ryder, I don't know anymore."

"Listen, I'm not in the mood right now. So why don't you find another place to crash. So you can talk about yourself, like you ways do."

"You asked!"

"Yeah well, now I'm kicking you out!"

"I'm not leaving asshole. You might do something stupid and I can't let that happen!"  He stood up from his bed and punched the wall. "Like that."

"GET OUT!"

"NO!" I exclaimed. "Listen, we can stand here and continue arguing... or, you can come here and kiss me." 

The look on his face told me he didn't know where I was going with this. Which means I gotta do it myself.

"I gotta do everything," I pushed him back on his bed and sat on his la, with one leg on each side of him. I wrap my arms around his neck. "Kiss me." I whisper softly.

Without hesitation he kissed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What does this mean for us?"

"It'll be our 'dance it out' thing," I suggested.

"Friends with benefits?"

"Why not?"

Even after I had sex I still can't forget what happened today. What Jack said to me.

I guess he could tell I was conflicted because Ryder spoke again.

"Why were you crying?" His hands ran through my hair repeatedly as my head rest on his bare chest.

FlashBack

"Zoe, I-

I held up my hands to silence him while I shut my eyes.

Jack.

Jack, my supposedly "best friend" stands before me.  The one person I never thought would hurt me.

Hurts me.

Not once... but twice.

I reopen them to see his eyes soften and his posture relaxed.

"Jack, you knew and didn't tell me?" I took a step forward. "YOU KNEW AND DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING?" I picked up a small rock and threw it at his chest.

"I tried to tell you but-

"WHEN... WHEN DID YOU TRY?"

He lets out a sigh and looks down. "When I visited you at your work place. I actually came there to tell you-

"That was a month ago... A MONTH!"

End Of FlashBack

"My best friend new about Jayce before me and didn't tell me until today,"  I simply answer as I stare at the sheets that cover our bare bodies. "Why were you upset?"