31 | How Is He?

"Alex lost a lot of blood, there was a lot of damage to the body..." the doctor spoke in a calm tone. "And um... well we did everything we could, I'm so sorry."

If you expect the worst you'd never be disappointed.

I am quite a cheerful, dark person.
On the outside, I'm optimistic but I expect the worst to happen. I've learned to do that now with the life that I have. You learn to expect the worst.

Sometimes the odds are in your favor.

"Alex has lost a lot of blood but we were able to maintain that. However, the bullet was lodged between the spine so-

"Wait does that mean he's- what... paralyzed?" Logan interrupts the doctor from finishing. Judging by the look she's giving us its not good news.

"We won't know until he wakes up."

And sometimes things aren't exactly how you want them to turn out.

"Paralyzed?" I mutter.

"This is all your fault!" Jasmine violently shoves me from behind. Knocking me down on my knees. "I swear if he's paralyzed I'm gonna-

"WHAT? Kill me?" I say standing to my feet. Before finishing my thoughts I got right in front of her face. "Do it."

She lowered her voice, "You don't care... you'd rather go outside and make out with-

"SHUT UP!" I yell shoving her away.

Yes, Jasmine was the one who caught Jayce and I red handed, kissing in the rain.

"Guys, knock it off!" Jordan holds jasmine back by wrapping his arms around her waist. While Ryder holds me back. "We are drawing way too much attention to ourselves."

"NO YOU KNOCK IT OFF... YOUVE TALKED, NOW ITS MY TURN TO TALK!" She paused and took a few steps back. " I've always had to look out for you guys. I was the one to make sure your okay! But you know what... have you ever thought to ask me? How I am doing?"

I finally noticed her bruises that showed through her wet white shirt. Who hurt her? Who did this to her?
Why didn't she tell- god I'm such an idiot.

"You guys got shit going on- I get that! But I have shit too! I'm hurt too!" For the first time in forever I finally see my person. The person I grew up with, the person I know and she's just as hurt as I am.

"You want me to leave so bad go right fucking head! Be careful what you fucking wish for!" With that said she left to go to Alex's room, typical. Leaving the gang speechless and surprised. Except for me, no one has seen her explode like that. She suppresses her feelings from coming out.

No one was able to read her except for me. Well up until now.

I wanted to visit Alex but Jasmine is there so I decided to go back outside for some air. That was until I had been stopped by Ryder.

"You okay?"

"I need air."

"Talk to me."

I let out a sigh and sit on the open couch in the waiting room. With he rest of the sad, worried, hopeful families... hoping praying they make it out alive. Ryder came and took a seat next to me.

"I feel like one of those people who are so freaking miserable that they can't be around the normal people. Like I'll infect the happy people. Like I'm some miserable, diseased, gang leader."

"Zoe-

"It's so bad that Jasmine and I are even fighting. When I absolutely need her the most, we start fighting."