35 | Negotiating Part II

The worst feeling ever is not knowing whether you should WAIT or GIVE UP.

Because thinking you have a chance when you really don't, kills.

"Stop please!"

"We Have so much power with you just being here. If Jayce were to see us right now doing this to you-

"You'd be a dead man!" My voice cracks from the lack of water. There the guy stood behind me with a blade to my neck.

The floor vibrated following with a loud explosion, the ceiling started to crumble. I heard several faint gun shots from above and loud frantic voices.

"What the hell- I told you two to bring in the table and laptop! Not torture the damn girl!" I never thought I'd be so happy to see the devil walk in. Hopefully the first and last.

"But boss-

"Get out! I'll deal with you two later!" The two idiots left the room without anymore fuss.

"I would thank you but I hate your guts so..."

"Aw you mean that?" He placed his hand over his heart pretending to be touched by my words. "I was gonna be nice and let you watch something..."

"Why don't you let me go instead." I retort with a playful smirk.

"Nice try, guerrera."

"Why do you call me that?"

"You're a fighter, your snarky comments, sharp attitude gets you places, ergo guerrera. But sometimes those snarky comments and sharp attitude gets you in trouble." I hate to agree with him but he's right.

"I'm in the mood for some entertainment. How about you?" He opens the laptop. Showing video footage of people shooting each other people, smoke polluting the air, fire dispersing.

"Wh-what is this?"

"Look closer," he mused.

I leaned in to get a better look at their faces. Let me tell you, I really wish I hadn't.

My eyes shut tight while my heart dropped a couple feet.

"Live feed just outside my house. I started to watch and then I thought I shouldn't soak up all this goodness by myself." I heard faint speaking and he noticed my change in facial expressions. He turned up the volume so I could make out what they were saying.

"There's too many of them!" Nick shouted.

"This is a suicide mission!" Jordan shouts.

"What do we do?" Jade screams as she fumbles to keep the women with a knife away from her. I shut my eyes tight jerking in the seat a bit.

"Turn it off..." I opened my eyes to see him no longer in front of me. "Turn it off!"

"Watch, watch them fall! This is all because of you." He held my head up from behind forcing me to watch.

"No!" I watch Jade fall to the ground, the women throws her arm back ready to stab. But Jayce comes in time to rip her off. "No Jayce!" I watch him fight several people to finally get a chance to speak to Jade."

"I told Zoe I hated her, I owe this to her!"

"No you don't!" I cried out as tears streamed down my cheek. "You can't do this... please!"

He finally let go of my head and starts to walk out the door.

I watched one of Jacobs guys throw a grenade headed for Jayce and Logan. I watched their bodies fly back hitting the gravel hard.