Chapter 1

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

There was a constant blaring sound right in my ear causing me to open my eyes groggily. I turn my head to my left seeing my phone showing it's alarm going off. The repetitive sound starting to irritate me. I stop the alarm and sit up, just staring into the darkness thinking about my life.

A turning point in life. The end of college. The excitement was making a weird smile form on my face. Imagine all the things I could finally do with all this work and stress off of me.

I could finally stay home all day and do NOTHING without the guilt and regret. I could finally travel freely, visit the place I've always wanted to go to. London. My fascination with that place stemmed from my mother. She grew up there, maybe by visiting there, I'd be able to connect more with her.

With these thoughts in my mind, I was fuelled to work as hard as always to get the grades I want.

I push the covers off me and step out of my warm bed, already missing it. With a bounce in my step, I walk to my bathroom and take a look in the mirror. I glance at my form seeing my brown hair messy and tangled sitting on my head. My blue eyes blinking at me softly.

The same thought crossed my mind everyday after I looked in the mirror.

Bland.

Sure, I had blue eyes. Yeah they can be nice. But without good features, it's nothing special. I'd come to terms with it.

Considering the male population had never really been attracted to me, you get used to the fact that you're never really as pretty as you think you are.

I guess people would say my self esteem is low. It's true. How could it be high when your friends are always the ones picking up the good looking guys and you're the forgotten friend at the side. No matter how much reassurance from FEMALE friends that you're still pretty, getting NO assurance from males makes me think otherwise.

Just my fucked up mind, really.

I shrug at my thoughts, they don't really bother me. I pick up my toothbrush, put some toothpaste on and begin my daily routine.

By the time I'm done in the bathroom, I make my way to my bedroom and take a look at the clock.

9:26am.

Wow, call me Speedy Gonzales!

I'm four minutes ahead of schedule!

I smile, who doesn't like being early. I go to my closet, picking out my usual outfit. Blue jeans and a black hoodie.

Now this is Jessica. My favourite outfit. If you picture me, you'll picture me in these bad boys. I slide on my vans and make my way out of my room, picking up my phone and my backpack.

I pass my brother's bedroom hearing his shower and roll my eyes. If he doesn't hurry up, I won't make him breakfast.

"Jay, you want breakfast?" I yell to my brother from outside his room. Before he can even reply, I continue, "No? Okay. I'll just make some for myself then." I retort, just about to run down the stairs.

"YES, make me some Jess! Eggs please!!" He shouts back at me turning off the shower. 

Fuck. Wasn't quick enough.

I just ignore him and walk downstairs.

~~

"Where's my breakfast?" Jay walks into the living room where I'm sat, my eyes trained on the TV. I was engrossed in watching Game Of Thrones, I didn't even bother replying to him.