Chapter 26

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

I was sat in Callum's car with dried up tears on my face and my head bent low. I hadn't uttered a word after telling Callum I wanted to leave. Zander's words really did hit home. I was fucking fuming that he didn't let me explain and just jumped to conclusions, it really just wasn't girls who did it. Even through my anger, I was honestly upset with him and definitely would not want to talk to him for a while or maybe forever. Or maybe I'm being dramatic.

I hear Callum cough nervously and I turn to him. I had truly forgotten that he was there with me. He offers me a small smile but I was too blue to return it. "We're here." He mutters. I stiffly nod and before I can open the car door, I hear a click sound and I see that he's locked the door. I resist the urge to sigh in annoyance so I decide to just blankly stare outside the window. 

We're enveloped in a tense silence before Callum breaks it by slowly saying, "Jessica..." but I cut him off straight away. I was definitely not in the mood for talking to anyone right now. I know if I ended up speaking, I'd either snap at him or burst out crying.

"I don't want to talk about it so unlock the door, now." I snap but feel slightly bad so I add, "Please?" Callum sighs heavily and unlocks the car door. I open the door and step out holding my dress while Callum sits there, his eyes following my every move. Before I shut the door, I turn to look at Callum again to see he was looking straight ahead with a clenched jaw.

"Callum, I'm sorry. I really am. I just don't wanna talk right now..." I sigh and walk towards the dull pack house. I hear the dry leaves crunch underneath my heels and know that my dress is sweeping up all the leaves. I hold the ends of the dress in my hands and try to walk faster just wanting to get into bed and perhaps forget this night.

When I walk in, the whole pack house is silent and I'm not surprised as most people went to the mating ball and will be coming back later. While walking, I pass Zander's office and I can feel the intimidating aura coming from the room and quicken my steps, not wanting to see him.

I push open the door to my room and close it after me. As I'm about to sit down on my bed, to take off the heels that were starting to pain me, I notice my phone on my bed and nearly squeal. Finally!!

I pick it up and try to turn it on. I see the red battery flash and sigh before placing it on the table. I'll deal with it tomorrow.

I quickly change from the dress to my pyjamas and get into bed. I wrap myself tightly in the duvet trying to fall asleep when my door slams open and I look up in alert. I see an annoyed Cameron standing there. Where was the respect?

"What do you want?" I ask with a bitter tone. Cameron peeks out behind the door and closes it after him.

"Well, Alpha came home like ten minutes before you storming in and cursing like crazy and... ALONE!" Cameron stresses and I raise an eyebrow.

"Okay?" Cameron shakes his head furiously and smacks his forehead softly like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"That's serious. Zander never comes home alone from a mating ball and I mean never. Then Callum comes home and starts to complain that he didn't get to stay too long tonight and you come not saying a word. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out." Cameron shrugs and I give him a blank stare.

"So, what I'm getting from this is you rectifying the fact that Zander is a man whore? Callum is sad and I can't just be quiet?" I didn't get why he was now standing in my room with that smug smile on his face like he accomplished something.