Chapter 18

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

Finally, my heat had passed and I was allowed out of the cell. It was extremely boring in the cell as I could only talk to mated males or females and none of the men I had met were mated and the only female that visited was Rosy. I creased at the thought. I needed to make some new friends in this pack, I was pretty lonely.

I snap back to what I'm doing, walking out of the kitchen with Callum as we had attempted to make pancakes. Both of us were horrible at making them and we only ended up making randomly shaped pancakes, if you could call them that.

I held onto the plate of pancakes, following Callum to the game room. It was beginning to become my new hangout space. It was really the only place I could feel comfortable except my room, the kitchen and Zander's room which was unnerving... should I really feel comfortable in a man's room who isn't my mate?

I quickly rid myself of the doubts as I remembered my so called mate rejected me for a reason that is beyond my comprehension.

When we enter, I look around noticing Cole is already sitting on the couch with Tommy playing a game on the PS4. They both look up and they pause their game.

"Hey guys we wanted to play, so do you mind if you go off your game and maybe you can play pool?" Callum asks and plops down on the couch next to Tommy. Tommy looks between the two of us, letting out a frustrated huff. I could already tell he wasn't going to be letting go of that controller anytime soon. I smile at Tommy in hopes he'll change his mind but he purses his lips, looking away. Ouch.

I glance at Cole to see him giving me a lopsided grin, his eyes settled on mine with an intensity that made me nervous. I awkwardly threw him a small smile, turning back to Tommy and Callum.

Tommy grunts, his eyebrows downcast as if he was so disturbed by us asking to play. "Nah man, I'm playing." His tone showing he wasn't budging. Just great.

Callum rolls his eyes dramatically and looks at me, opening his mouth to talk, I cut him off by waving my hand while holding the plate of pancakes. "Yeah, don't worry! You can play I'll just watch and eat these pieces of pancakes." I reassure them. Callum's lips curl up into a smirk as he looks at the mess he and I made together.

"I'll play pool with Jessica." Cole finalises and stands up, passing the controller to Callum who takes it with a grin on his face.

Uh, what?

I look back at Callum, my eyes pleading with him to stop Cole but he just shrugs and turns towards Tommy who was changing the game. Great.

I walk over to the pool table with Cole and  I stand to the side while he begins to set the table. I nibble on the pancakes, cringing while doing so at the gooeyness I was tasting. This was not cooked properly. I place the plate down while carefully and discreetly spitting out the bits in my mouth.

Once I look up, I look to Cole whose eyes were already on me. So not creepy. I look away, walking forward to pick up one of the cue sticks and Cole follows after me doing the same. He professionally uses the chalk at the top of his cue and passes it to me. I had no idea on what it did so I just copied him and used it.

"You wanna break or shall I?" Cole asks and I reply with, "Sure, I wanna try." He removes the triangle rack and places it on the side. I place the cue stick in between my fingers and squint one eye and aim to hit the white ball. When I try to do it, the white ball lifts and comes off the pool table. Cole roars with laughter and I quickly pick up the noisy ball and place it on the table.