Chapter 31

*semi-edited*

Zander's POV

As soon as I park the car, Jessica zooms out of the car with Callum trailing after her. I sigh deeply and run a hand through my hair. You may ask why I marked Jessica but, I don't have a clue as to why I did. While kissing her, I got these sudden thoughts of marking her and making her mine and decided to go with it. I didn't expect her to react like that. I thought she'd be over the moon seeing as she had been rejected by her own mate but she seemed pretty pissed at me.

Well, we were bonded now so there is nothing she can do but come to terms with it. I wish it'll be soon because my wolf is already lonely enough but as soon as I marked her, I felt him stir within me and knew he'd be making an appearance real soon. After thinking to myself in the car for a bit, I get out and lock the car. I make my way to the pack house and before I even reach, I could hear the distant sound of chatter and furrow my eyebrows. What was going on in there?

I throw open the door and when I do, the chatter immediately stops and my pack members bow to me in respect. I nod to them and scan the area for Cameron, Callum, Jessica or Rosy. I notice Jessica's dark blonde hair and make a beeline over to where she's standing with Callum and Rosy. I stop walking when I'm directly behind her and she freezes as I place my hands on her hips. She shivers slightly and leans into me making a smirk fall onto my face. I place my head on hers and hug her slightly and feel a lot of pack members burning gazes on us and ignore them.

"Know what's happening?" I ask Rosy and notice her flushed appearance.

"Some pack members have been kidnapped by vampires." My whole demeanour becomes serious and Rosy sighs. "The pack is going crazy. The vampires were undetectable and no one saw or heard them disappear. It's like they evaporated into thin air." Rosy runs her hand through her hair and I feel myself become to be a bit stressed. This was not good news. We'd have to search for them but also be careful about leaving the pack house just in case they'd come back.

I'm interrupted with my thoughts when I feel Jessica squirm in my arms and she pushes her butt onto my crotch and I feel my cock twitch in excitement. She pulls away from me and shuffles over to stand next to Rosy, who was facing me, and gave me a hard glare. I send her a warning look telling her I'd deal with her later and turn my attention back to Rosy who was glancing between us.

"Let's go somewhere more private to discuss." I inform Rosy and turn to the pack members, who had been watching with curious eyes, and clear my throat before addressing them. "I want all of you to calm down as it would be best to work with a clear head. If any family member of yours was kidnapped, I offer up my condolences and pray that we get them back as soon as possible. If anyone has any information as to their whereabouts, don't be afraid to step forward now or contact someone of a rank and it will help us get your loved ones and fellow pack members back. Thank you for understanding and it would be great if you'd return to your quarters and leave it to me." I finish and people smile in encouragement to each other and I hear someone start to clap.

I look over the pack members and wait for them to stop applauding me. When they do, I stride away to my office where I'm sure that Rosy went. I open the door to my office and scan the room and become disappointed when I notice that Jessica wasn't present but walk inside anyways. Cameron was sat on my chair with his feet up on my desk which made me clench my jaw tightly.

"Cameron! Get your fucking feet off of my desk! It has important documents on it and I don't want them to get ruined by your damn shoes!" I growl out and Cameron lowers his feet with reluctance. I  close my eyes and count in my head as I see his shoes drag down a few very important papers and see the dirt marks and the scrunched papers.