Chapter 8

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

I watch as my toes had to squeeze the slippers, because they were slightly coming off, as the amount of sweat being produced on my feet was like a waterfall. Sweat had appeared at all areas of my body as I slowly walked into the room. The lights were now off and I felt my eyes attempt to adjust to the lack of lighting as I tried to locate Zander.

The tense atmosphere was awful. I opened my mouth to break the silence but it was hard. It felt like I was trying to walk in the deepest depths of the ocean. Impossible, exactly.

My eyes finally find Zander and he's already staring at me with his calculating dark eyes. I shiver in anticipation. I lick my lips nervously as they had gotten dry after my shower. Zander watches the sensual move and leans forward on his elbows. The action make his biceps flex and I almost faint because of that. His biceps were thick and hard and I was filled with the urge to squeeze them then pour chocolate sauce and lick it off of them.

What the fuck?!

PASS ME THE FUCKING HOLY WATER!

I was going crazy! Why was I having thoughts like that about my best friend? Wait, ex-best friend. Whoa, I have a lot of exes. Not really actually, just two at the moment.

Ugh, I was waffling. When I'm nervous, I ramble about nonsense.

I was confused as to why he wasn't saying anything. I blink and look at him expectantly waiting for him to say something but he only stared at me with his intense stare.

My heart was beating rapidly and the room was so silent that I'm sure that he could hear it along with my deep breathing.

Time passed and we continued staring at each other. I was getting bored, so I decided to break the silence.

"Um..." That's all I could muster. One of his perfectly shaped eyebrows raises as if challenging me so say something.

"Can I leave now, Zander?" I whisper, but I know he heard it.

Silence. Again.

There was no way he didn't hear it, it was silent in this room.

After a few long moments he speaks up. "Why do you know my name?" He slowly speaks, emphasizing every word. My mouth literally falls to the ground in shock.

"What do you mean...?" I was dumbfounded. I remembered him clearly so he should do as well.

"It's not that hard of a question. Do I need to spell it out for you?" His lips form a grim line and his eyes give nothing away. The coldness in his words surprise me. He was never this rude before.

"Z-Zander, it's me Jessica! You were in my pack before. Dark Moon Pack. In California! Don't you remember. You were my best friend... You have to remember me... You helped me through my depression." Tears filled my view and I tried to blink them away but they fell anyways. I'm so fucking weak.

"I honestly have no idea who you are or what you're talking about." I try to read him but I can't tell anything. He's definitely not the Zander I knew.

"You- you have to be kidding me..." I sob and I feel snot fall my nose so I rub my arm against it then wipe my eyes with the other arm.

Fucking period and these damn hormones.

"No. Seriously girl, I don't know who you are." He smiles at me which angers me. Girl?

"Stop fucking lying to me! I know you know who I am. Why else wouldn't you have killed me earlier then? Stop this act now Zander! You're fucking making me upset now. So just please say you know who I am." During my rant, I've inched closer to him and he's narrowed his eyes at me.