Chapter 35

*semi-edited*

Is it just me who struggles to write from a male perspective?? Hope you enjoy this chapter xx

Zander's POV

We trudged on in silence. Jessica and I in our wolf forms while Jessica's friend was on my back. I'd catch Jessica sometimes glancing at her on my back and I'd see the hint of annoyance on her face. My mind was too confused to even laugh or smile about it.

My mind was all over the place as what just happened scared me. My wolf was eerily quiet and I felt as if he was secretly happy that his ex-mate would be coming. I guess he couldn't help it but there was no way that she was going to live this time. Not if she was coming for my pack. I may not be the most friendly Alpha, but my pack is my pack. They are still my family and my parents would want me to fight for them and I would. I would even kill my 'mate' for their safety.

I don't even realise that we get to gates of our pack. I let the friend jump off my back by lowering my body to the ground. She jogs towards the tree and lifts the flap and begins to talk.

I look over to Jessica who is already watching me. She begins to mind link me.

Zander...what did that man say? She asks hesitantly. I look away and start to reply.

Nothing to worry yourself over. Leave it all to me. I make sure to phrase what I say properly so she doesn't push more. I look back over to see that she was confused.

Zander, I've known you long enough to know that's not all you have to say. Please tell me... if I'm to be- to be YOUR MATE, you need to tell me. She stutters and she looks worried as she says those words which make me freeze.

Jessica? To be my mate? What? Huh? No? Huh? Me? Her? What? Mates? Who?I. Am. Confusion. I am discombobulated, who said she would be my mate? I guess because I marked her she would be but still. Would she be scared when she knows my mate is coming? Would she want to mate fully? Would she carry my pups? Would we get married?

I was definitely overthinking. Let me just take a deep breath- Would we grow old together and would she complain when I play golf with the lads???!!!

Zander? Jessica's voice rings in my head, snapping me out of my thoughts. As I'm about to reply, the friend calls out to me. I really need to start learning the names of my pack members 'cause this is disgraceful.

I growl in return.

"Alpha, they won't believe me. When I said I was with Jessica and you, they thought I was lying because they thought I wouldn't be with you." My guards were a bunch of stupid pricks.

I shift in front of them and the friend blushes and looks away while Jessica licks her lips and lets out a small wolf whistle. I roll my eyes and walk to the intercom.

I press the buzzer and begin to speak, "Okay you little fucker, fucking open these gates right now before I fucking shove this tree up your arse, you twat." I growl out and hear the poor man begin to stutter while apologising.

"What's your name, girl?" I address Jessica's friend.

"Me? Carrie." She answers.

"Well, get on."

The gates slowly begin to open and I shift back and allow Carrie to sit on my back.

We walk through the town and I hear the gates shut behind us. Some teenagers were sat on one of the steps of a house and they watched intently as we walked by.