Chapter 9

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

While trying to think of a solution, I hear the garage door open and I freeze in my place. I sink down into the lovely feeling chair and pray that the person doesn't see me. My prayers were not answered and I hear the person clear their throat.

"Who are you?" I hear a feminine voice call out to me. Well, I got caught then.

I sit up in the seat and throw her a fake smile acting like I wasn't trying to steal a car. "OH! Hi there! I was just picking up the keys. I seemed to have dropped them on the floor." A girl steps out of the shadows and my smile falters a bit. She looked oddly familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

It seems like everyone hear was familiar to me which was weird as I've never set foot on English soil.

"You didn't answer my question. Who are you?" She steps forward, a disbelieving look in her eyes. Her dark eyes scanning me intensely causing me to gulp nervously.

"Um... uh... well you see-" She cuts off my stuttering by clicking her tongue while narrowing her eyes at me, getting closer to the car.

"Don't make me have to call Zander here. So, one last time, who are you?" My cheeks redden in annoyance and I give her a clipped smile. Okay you bitch.

"I'm here to check the cars. You know... make sure they're working and good. Callum said I should come. I was just gonna start with this car but I was confused on how I get it out of the garage." I lied and smiled nervously. 

She regarded me for a few seconds then humphs and nods.

"Well I guess he did say he was gonna get someone to check cars but I didn't think you'd be this young. Anyways, I'll just show you how it's done." She comes closer to the car and tells me to get out. I obey and I stand nervously trying not to blow my cover.

"So you press this button and it will activate the lift with a ten second delay for you to get in the car. Then you will end up in this underground tunnel. You just drive towards the sign and you will end up out on the road. Easy." She explains slowly for me to understand and I think I'll remember it. I was so surprised at the advanced technology this pack had. It reminded me of Tony Stark technology.

I nod and smile. She leaves without another word but before she did that, she gives me a meaningful glance. It felt like she knew something I didn't which made me confused. However, I took my chance and pressed the button that she told me to.

I get into my new car and sit down. I pull on my seat belt and tried to understand some of the meanings inside of the car. A few seconds later, I felt the ground begin to shake and I grip onto the armrest, squeezing my eyes shut tight and started to count in my head.

I fucking hated going on elevators or anything that ascended or descended. It made my stomach feel like it was twisting and turning and I hated the feeling of it. Somehow, I could still ride rides at theme parks which didn't make any sense. However, when riding elevators, I would feel sick especially if it's a long ride.

Distracting myself made the time speed off and I was in the tunnel the woman told me about.

Now was the hard bit. Trying to learn how to drive in the space of twenty minutes.

Okay, you can do this. You've played lots of driving games in the past! This'll be a breeze. I told myself.

I turn the key in the ignition and press my foot on the accelerator and the car moves and I squeal and take my foot off. This was exciting and scary. I do it again and the car moves again. I press my foot harder and it goes faster. I steer the car with the steering wheel and the car swerves to the left.

Jeez! This was harder than it looked. I continued doing this until I got the hang of it. I drove to the end of the tunnel and I could see the bright light of the sun even though it was about seven pm.

I drive out of the tunnel and smile to myself. I was out of here with a new car, slippers and clothes.

~~~~~~~~

Sorry for such a short and shitty chapter today and I was meant to update yesterday but I didn't have a lot of time. Anywaysssssssssssssss, next chapter will be in a different POV! OOOOOOHHHHH! Lol

Make sure that you don't follow Jessica's footsteps and drive if you don't have a licence. I wrote it just 'cause I felt like it so DON'T drive without a licence.

Please vote. Follow me. Add this book to your library too.