Chapter 43

o.o

I know y'all probably hate me right now but I've been so lazy and not bothered to update, also since I took such a large break, it was so difficult getting back into writing with no ideas. Once you stop updating, its so hard to get into it again.

Jessica's POV

Sat with Steven, the computer specialist in the pack, I was helping him to repair the security system in the pack. It seems as if someone disabled it and that was how the vampires got in. One thing I didn't get, was how someone was able to do this without breaking into the pack. Steven had thought the exact same thing.

"I think that should do it, we're finally done." Steven announces with a few more taps on the keyboard, allowing me to sigh in relief and slump into my chair. Today had been a long day, first training with the warriors and then doing this with Steven. I was tired.

Turning to Steven who was also slumped in his chair, I send him a smile and run a hand through my hair. "It was nice working with you today. Putting my skills to use has been... refreshing." Steven's lips curl up into a smile and his blue eyes twinkle in appreciation. He shook his head, his light blonde hair flopping everywhere.

"I should be thanking you, normally I have to put in a lot of work alone with my useless friends, but with you, it was super easy." Steven grins at me and pulls his hand up to high five me, I return the high five and stand up.

"I don't know about you, but, I'm hungry as hell." It was an invitation for him to eat in the kitchen with me, it would be nice to talk to him as we both shared a common interest.

Steven also stands up with me and nods, his hand lowering to his stomach to rub at it. "Yeah, I never realised how hungry I was till you mentioned food. I could even make you the triple S." Steven chuckles, walking out of the room, holding the door for me.

I thank him and follow behind him as we make our way to the kitchen. "What's the triple S?"

"Steven's Spaghetti Surprise! My girlfriend says it's the best thing she's had. To be truly honest, it's the one thing I've learnt to cook." I laugh at his silly Triple S meal, what a name. We enter the kitchen and I move to sit down on a stool, while Steven goes to get out the ingredients.

"Well, I must try it and give me honest opinion on it. Just think of me as being Gordon Ramsay." Steven gasps and runs out of the kitchen making me scratch my head in confusion. Did I say something wrong?

I sit there pondering what I could've said wrong and I'm interrupted when I see Steven walk in with an outfit that makes a snort leave my lips.

He was dressed in an oversized apron and he had a white Chef hat on top of his head.

"Well, if you are going to be Gordon Ramsay, I will be the Chef, Mademoiselle." Steven says in an awful Italian accent and bows low.

A chuckle leaves my lips and I clap for him, "I'm not sure what that accent was, but you better get a move on, I don't have all day." Trying to embody his character.

For a while, I watch Steven waltz around the kitchen, trying to do dances while cooking to impress me. I stand up and puff my chest out, pursing my lips. I make my way to where Steven is stood, concentration clear on his face as he mixes the spaghetti with the sauce.