Chapter 17

*semi-edited*

Andrew's POV

"Fuck!" I run a hand through my hair and pull slightly at the roots. I was struggling with all this pack work. It was a lot harder than I let on and now I had no one to hide my stress from. Natasha had abandoned me and my work had piled up. I wanted to ask someone for help but my pride wouldn't allow me to.

I probably should've asked Jay for his assistance, as his job was to help me, but I didn't want to be around him at this moment in time. I'd be an embarrassment, what Alpha cannot handle pack work?

I flip through the papers only skimming through the paragraphs of writing that I didn't give a flying fuck about and slam my hands down on the desk.

"Fuck this shit!" I curse and grab my phone. I dial Nick's number and drum my fingers on the desk and it rings. Ring after ring and he wasn't picking up. I curse at it reaches his voicemail and dial his number again. The mother fucker better pick up, I don't have time for this!

Again, he doesn't pick up and as I'm about to drop the phone, I hear the line connect and a hoarse 'Hello'.

"Why the fuck weren't you picking up your damned phone?!" I yell and I hear rustling in the background.

"You don't have to yell..." Nick mumbles and I growl.

"You best remember who you're talking to, mutt."This man was pissing me off. I was itching for news on Jessica.

As I think of Jessica, a smile forms on my face. Ohhhh Jessica, how beautiful she is. Well, will be with some help. By my side we will look after this pack and have many babies. Even though we both rejected each other, there would still be a connection and when I mark her, all will be forgiven. I will forgive her for leaving me. That's what good mates do, right?

I hear Nick apologise which snaps me back into reality and I grunt in response.
"What did you need?" Nick sighs tiredly, his voice thick with exhaustion.

"Where's Jessica?" I ask briskly and he sighs while making a weird noise.

"I haven't found her." He mutters lowly and I let out a low laugh void of humour.

"This is not the time to joke around. I've fucking given you weeks to find her and you come up empty handed. Why the fuck haven't you found her? Shit, this is my fault I should've went to someone who is not an incompetent fool like you!" I snarl, my anger rising and he chuckles sarcastically.

He dare mock me?

"Well if I'm so incompetent, why didn't you find her yourself?" I could basically hear the smirk on his face as I didn't answer. "Thought so." He says smugly.

"You didn't give me much to go on so how was I meant to find her in the span of a week. At least give me a rough idea of where she is. It'll be a lot easier to narrow it down." Nick bargains and I agree.

"Don't push it with that attitude. I'll call you back when I find out." I don't wait for his response before ending the call. I jump up and smile. Finally, something fun to do. Pack work was not very exciting. After exiting my empty house, I walk to Jay's house and knock when I reach. I was hoping that it was Jay's mate who opened the door so I could force her to tell me where Jessica was if she refused first.

I tap my foot on the floor as I wait for the door to be opened. I look down at my smart watch on my wrist and act like I had somewhere to be. I impatiently knock again and knock again. I bet they were ignoring me!

I furiously pound on their door and huff to myself. Bastards!

The door finally opens and I push past Jay's woman. "Where's Jessica?" I don't use my Alpha command as I wanted to see if she would tell me or not. She shrugs and I ask once again. The girl smirks and crosses her arms which makes her boobs jiggle and me being me, I watch them while licking my lips. She scoffs at me and gives me a hard glare.

"Do not look at me like that! I am your Beta's mate for fucks sake! If I wanted to, I could call him right now and tell him that you're harassing me and he would kill you." I chuckle darkly and move closer to her taking slow steps.

"I can look at you any way I want to. I don't care if you're Jay's mate, if I want to look, I WILL FUCKING LOOK!" I snarl and she flinches which makes me proud. "If I wanted to, I could have you banished from this pack for disrespect towards your Alpha." Her face falls and she looks down bashfully. "Now tell me, where is Jessica?" She mumbles incoherent words and I smirk.

I lean forward mockingly and cup my ear. "What was that? Did you just say you were gonna start packing? Because that's what you're gonna have to do if you don't tell me what I want to know." I say softly even though she could feel the threat behind my words.

Her lips tremble vigorously and I smile to myself when she says, "Europe..." I reach towards her and she flinches. I run my hands through her hair and I see a tear fall from her eye. I pull sharply on her hair and she screeches. "Don't piss me off. Where. Is. Jessica?" I slowly spell out for her as she was bawling her eyes out.

"E-England..." She mumbles. I lower my hands to her boobs and squeeze them slowly and she whimpers. I laugh darkly, I pat her head and stroll out of the house with my hands deep in my pockets. I make my way towards my house with a smile on my face. Jessica was coming home to me soon.

~~~~~~~~~

I was typing on my laptop with speedy fingers when my office door was slammed open. I don't even look up and continue doing my work. I hear a growl and resist the urge to roll my eyes. I hear heavy footsteps against the dark wooden floor and ignore them. I feel a slight pain on my fingers and I knew that the person had shut the laptop down on my fingers. I don't even flinch at the feeling.

"Yes..." I drawl out and roll my eyes at the person. The person being my father. His face is bright red and I knew he was pissed. I pull my fingers out from in between the laptop and keyboard and flex them.

"What do I owe your heavenly presence with?" I ask sarcastically and smile at my father which seemed to make him even angrier if it was possible.

"Andrew..." His eyebrows furrow even further nearly meeting and his left eye twitches, a sign that he was royally pissed.

"What? Father I do not know why you are here." My father lets out a deathly growl and the smirk on my face falters. He's never really this angry at me normally.

"STOP THIS ROUSE RIGHT NOW ANDREW VEZ PATTERSON!" I cringe at hearing my second name and the smirk on my face slips off of my face.My second name was a mistake as my mother was mumbling names to give me and once she said 'Jace' one of the deaf midwives heard Vez and bam! That's how I got my atrocious second name. "YOU DO NOT EVEN CARE ABOUT THE REPUTATION OF THIS PACK! THE PACK YOUR MOTHER AND I BUILT. THE PACK I TAUGHT YOU HOW TO RULE ONE DAY AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO?! MISTREAT THE PACK MEMBERS AND YOUR MATE! I THOUGHT I TAUGHT YOU BETTER THAN THIS!! YOU BRING SHAME TO THIS FAMILY NAME, I WISH TO HAVE NEVER HAVE LET YOU TAKE THE ALPHA POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE!" After his rant, my eyes fall the desk and I feel embarrassed and angry. How dare he say all those things! The nerve...

He continues, "You know that some pack members have started to plan to try take the Alpha position away from you! You have touched one of the pack members extremely inappropriately, rejected your mate, driven your chosen mate away, been downright disrespectful to your pack members and myself and many more inexcusable things. I am disappointed to call you my son. It is a shame there is no other heir to the Alpha position. Only an Angle could save us from what you have done." With that, he walks out leaving me flabbergasted.

I was angry. Very angry! I needed Jessica back to help me!

~~~~~~
Hey guys!!! How are you all?
This chapter isn't too long just telling you guys what's happening in Jessica's old pack so yeah.
I'm thinking of getting an updating schedule instead of trying to do every two days so I'll tell you guys if I decide to!
Hope you enjoyed x
SuperrrgirI x