Chapter 32

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

"So you only call me when you need a favour? Wow." Kira snaps and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"Sorry." I say and I hear her scoff.

"Sorry? Ha. Bye." She snaps and cuts the call. Okay. What the fuck was that? She sounded quite annoyed for some reason. Oh well. Looks like I'll have to ask Callum then.

I stand up and leave my room. I scan the corridors not wanting to see Zander. I honestly wasn't that angry with him anymore but I wish he asked for my permission first. I was lonely and now Zander was technically my mate now, I might have the chance to have the mate I've always wanted even though it might be tough. Zander was so hot headed, arrogant, possessive, and so many other things but he was still supportive and I could tell he cared.

I begin walking and look out for Callum. I notice a few girls talking and when they see me, they stop talking and stare. I force myself not to bow my head and throw them smiles. They don't even smile back resulting in my smile to falter but still stay up.

Just as I'm about to walk past them, one of the girls grabs my arm so I halt my movements and swerve to face her. I raise an eyebrow at her and she flushes and looks down.

"Hey, do you need something?" I ask waiting for them to say something.

"Can I ask if you're the Alpha's mate? He seems to like you a bit." The girl asks curiously and I scan all the girls' faces and see one girl with a scowl on her face.

"Um...well...not really but..." I sigh and just result to saying, "It's complicated." The girl squeals along with her friends and I just stand there awkwardly.

"That's such good news! Maybe he will be nicer now he has you! Let me tell you, he can be pretty mean whenever he's angry. It's quite scary to see y'know! One time, he was having a meeting with someone and he got so angry that he started to roar and yell so loudly that everyone heard it. We heard the crashes, the shouts, the groans of pain, it was horrible! He ended up killing the person due to his anger." She gushes and I cringe at the story. It was slightly unnerving to know that Zander could kill due to anger. I didn't want to get on his bad side. The girl was just spewing out so much even though I didn't even ask her to.

"Shut up! Why would you tell her that?! Now she'll be scared of him!" One of her friends smack her shoulder lightly and reprimands her.

I smile awkwardly and reassure her, "Don't worry! I already know he has quite the temper." They giggle like I told the funniest joke while the other girl scoffs and mumbles under her breath. Wonder what her problem is.

"Well, Luna! We're going into town, wanna come? We can tell you all we know about the Alpha!" The same girl, who was genuinely really excited, asks with a grin plastered on her face.

"Haha! I'm not your Luna but sure, I actually need to go somewhere though." 

She nods and grabs my arm before pulling me away. "We're going to be the best of friends, Luna!" She totally ignored what I said and still decided to call me her Luna.

~~~~~
I wave goodbye as I walk towards the library scanning the place for India. I see Carrie, the girl who claimed we'd be best friends, pull away and drive off with her friends. They all introduced themselves to me with welcoming smiles except the girl who had a problem with me for some reason. I found it quite amusing because when we were in the car, anytime I'd say something she'd always scoff or make comments. I had no idea who she was or what I did to her but I didn't care. I had Carrie's number so I could call her to pick me up.