Chapter 25

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

Tonight was the night of the ball and I was excited but also extremely nervous. I wanted to let loose and have fun but was also aware of getting caught. I gnawed at my lip as I thought of the consequences of getting caught. With Zander's anger, who knows what would really happen. I hoped that while I was there, I wouldn't see Zander or Rosy as I wasn't meant to be attending. It truly irked me that only I had these conditions, I wasn't Zander's possession to keep tucked away. 

I turn around and pull the shopping bag from underneath my bed, taking out the silky black dress that I had fallen in love, and run my hands over the material. I could feel a smile come on my face as I looked at it. I was already picturing myself in the dress and was hoping I'd pull it off.

I hear the door open so I quickly stuff the dress under the duvet and turn to see Zander standing there with suspicion written all over his face. His eyes were narrowed and I feel myself flush. If I get caught because this guy doesn't respect my privacy by not knocking. I tried to calm down so I didn't look as obvious but I could tell that he thought I was doing something I shouldn't be doing, which was true.

I scan his attire and the breath leaves my body. Whoa! This guy knew how to clean up! I almost fan myself like a little fan girl. Ugh, I needed to get a grip.

His black suit looked amazing on him and hugged all his muscles. 

"You look handsome..." I grin at Zander and he puffs his chest out and I nearly roll my eyes at him. I was unintentionally boosting his ego,  A smile tugs at his lips as he adjusts his blazer and I just watch, resisting the urge to roll my eyes.

"Do I now?" Zander asks with his husky voice. I feel my face heat up and I see a smile erupt on Zander's face as I nod. I liked his playful attitude even though he ignored me for a week, then just comes into my room. He ruined it when he says, "Well I'm going to look handsome at the ball." I feel my face fall. Even though I was going, he didn't have to be an ass and rub it in. Sometimes I forget that he's an ass.

"You're staying here." Zander states and I sigh heavily and flop down onto my bed, trying to sit on the dress so Zander didn't see it. 

Zander stares at me with his eyes hard as stone so I agree, "Yeah, yeah I know." Silly shithead. I was so tempted to tell him that he's the boss of me but I just know I'll lose. I jut my bottom lip out into a pout and fold my arms making my boobs raise. I see Zander's eyes follow the movement and I see him look a little excited. What a boy.

"Hey!" I whine and Zander's eyes move up and meet my embarrassed gaze. Zander chuckles softly and crosses his arms. I watch his biceps flex and bite my lip. Zander was so dangerously hot. 

I watch his face harden and he raises an eyebrow and asks, "Promise to stay here?" Yeah right!

"I promise." I lie and firmly nod to assure him while sending him a smile. Maybe I should be concerned that I can lie so well.

Zander raises his arm and checks his expensive looking watch and looks up. "Well, I need to go. Make sure you're a good girl." Zander rolls his shoulders and strides out without another word. Phew!

Now, I had to get changed quickly before Callum leaves me. I persuaded him to go later meaning I could ride with him. I stood up quickly and pull out the dress from under the duvet and scan it once more before stripping. I took off my bra too as the dress had a built in bra. I slide the dress up my body and relish in the feeling of the silk on my skin. This dress was definitely high quality and probably expensive but I didn't care because it wasn't my money! Just kidding.