Chapter 41

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

"So where are we off to?" Zander glances at me and smirks as he focuses his attention back on the road. Our journey had just begun and already I was so curious. Surprises weren't my cup of tea, the anticipation killed me.

"What's the definition of a surprise?" Zander asks smugly and I roll my eyes so hard they hurt. "I saw that, baby. Don't roll your eyes at me." I resist the urge to roll my eyes again and huff at him instead.

"A surprise is well... a surprise." I retort and Zander hums in reply.

"Exactly, so wait for your surprise and stop asking. You'll like it, don't worry." I pout and look at him through the mirror, hoping he'd feel bad and tell me. Zander makes eye contact with me and a grin appears on his face.

"Don't give me that look, nothing you do will get me to tell you. Patience is key." Zander chuckles and turns his eyes back to the road. 

"Are you sure nothing I do will get you to tell me?" I ask Zander, an idea coming to my head. A sultry smile comes onto my face as I take my hand and slowly place it onto his thigh. I trail my hand up his thigh, ever so softly, and make my way towards his crotch. 

Before I can get any further, Zander grabs my hand and places it on my lap. Surprisingly he let out a loud laugh and shakes his head at my antics, "Nice try." A smile lifted on my own lips and I shrugged.

"Anywho... when's your birthday?" I ask Zander, trying to get to know him better.

"October 10th, you?" Zander replies, I make a mental note of his birthday since it was coming soon. I had about two months to plan something for his birthday.

"You were probably a New Years baby you know?" I state and Zander's face creases uncomfortably.

"I don't want to even imagine my parents having sex, so no thank you." Zander spits in disgust but his eyes were light in humour.

"Mines September 25th." I reply and Zander hums thoughtfully.

"You must've been a Christmas baby, holy shit!" Zander exclaims and I cringe immediately.

"Ew ew ew! Shit I didn't even think of that." I laugh at the fact that I probably was a Christmas baby.

"That's next month? Time flies, how old will you be?" Zander looks shocked that my birthday was coming soon.

"Twenty three," I tell him and mutter the last bit, "and still a fucking virgin."  

"Not for much longer, baby." Zander's voice drops a few octaves causing me to shiver in excitement. I bite my lip and glance over at Zander to see him already watching me, causing my cheeks to heat up.

"Watch the road!" I realise he was staring at me for way too long. He smirks and turns back to the road. I feel the car beginning to slow down and the cars wheels meeting some gravel. I look out of the window excitedly to see where we were. 

I couldn't recognise anything as I looked outside. As Zander, slowed the car and parked it, I noticed a sign saying "Jump giants". 

"We're here now." Zander states the obvious and we both exit the car, I grab my small fanny pack and Zander locks the car. 

"What's Jump Giants?" I ask Zander, confused.

"A trampoline park." I squeal and a grin breaks out on my face. 

"OMG! I've always wanted to go to one! Thank you so much Zander!!!" I wrap my arms around his waist and feel the vibrations through his chest as he chuckled at my behaviour. I didn't even care that I was acting like a child, I was fucking excited.