Chapter 5

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

"Come on Jess, you're stronger than this. Come out please?" I hear Beth's muffled voice ring through my door, a tinge of exasperation in her voice.

"No... not yet" I reply and snuggle against my duvet. My bed was amazing. Why should I leave it? My reply makes her sigh heavily and stomp off.

You could say I was being annoying and overdramatic but who the heck cares? I've had a rough time. My own comfort is all I want right now. Well, and food. Lots of food. The wrappers littered on my floor reflected that making a smile appear on my face due to my handiwork.

How weird I am.

I know it's bad that I've been staying in here, but I don't want to face everyone just yet. I could already see the looks of pity and sympathy for me. The embarrassment that comes with those looks would make me want to fall right into Hell and stay right there forever, next to Andrew of course as that bitch better be going straight to Hell for what he's done.

My mind always goes crazy when I'm isolating. My thoughts also were quite questionable too.

I sigh and unwrap myself from my duvet. I bit my lip as I remembered that there were three days left till graduation. A month ago, I would've thought I'd be jumping in joy at this very moment but right now, I feel like just jumping on the first plane out of this place.

I swing my legs over the bed and push myself up, stepping on a can of Dr Pepper in the process. I frowned as I looked at the empty can. Why the hell did I drink that? I don't even like it.

I shrug and stroll to my door, unlocking it and stepping out. I walk down the stairs thinking of what my next meal will be when the sight in front of me forces me to pause mid step.

I grimace in disgust as I notice Andrew straddling Jay on the floor in a very suspicious and intimate position. A weird sound leaves my throat as I watch the scene in front of me. They both look up surprised to hear me and scramble away from each other. They try to play it off by laughing but I just shake my head.

"Um...it's not what it looks like." Jay awkwardly scratches his head. I didn't even want to know what was going on. I snort and shrug my shoulders, continuing my journey down the stairs.

"Don't worry! I understand. You're feeling a little lonely and horny so you decided to get some dick. That explains why you got an Xbox recently..." I reply and chuckle at my own joke with a smile on my face.

"The fuck!?" Andrew spits out, his eyebrows downcast and his face screwed up in a scowl.

"Jess! You're crazy!" Jay splutters, while crossing his arms like he was disappointed in me.

"Aw, so sweet." I drawl out.

As I'm making my way to the kitchen to see what else I can ravage on, I hear Andrew's mocking voice call out, "So I see you've finally finished sulking over me." I could practically feel his eyes burning into my head and I knew he wanted a reaction from me.

"Oh please, sulking over a rat like you? Don't think I'd ever lower my standards to mate with you." I spin around, glaring at him menacingly.

Any signs of his mocking expression fell from his face immediately as an angry look made way. "Do not talk to me like that again. I am your ALPHA not your friend nor your mate so learn your place."

"I get it, you're just insecure. Insecure people constantly remind people of their legitimate power but if you were secure, your actions would show it."