Chapter 4

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

I woke up to a pounding headache making a groan fall from my lips. It felt like I had a hangover. I lift my fingers and place it against my eyes to stop the bright light from reaching my eyes. Since when was my room so bright?

I hear slight shuffling in my room and remove my hand from my eyes and glance around my room. A look around the room had me realising that I wasn't in my room. The room I was in was plain and looked exactly like the room Jay was in earlier this week and I know straight away that I was at the hospital. I hear constant beeping of  something and look to see a heart monitor. I instantly start to panic causing the beeping to speed up. Why am I here?

"Calm down." A husky voice says. I look up to see a disheveled Andrew hovering above me. He looked dirty but still managed to look amazingly hot. Fuck this mate bond.

His eyes are droopy and I could tell he was tired. Good, he deserves it. I sit up and stretch cracking my bones when I felt a light prick of pain on my back. I hiss and lie back down. That hurt like a bitch.

"Why are you here? Where is everyone else?" I ask staring up at the ceiling, not even bothering to look at him. His presence was already affecting me enough.

"My wolf wouldn't let me rest until you woke up and he didn't want anyone staying with you." Andrew grumbles like he's embarrassed and I scoff. That hurt a bit knowing he was only here because of his wolf.

"Oh. Well you can leave now. Actually before you go, I need to fucking get rid of this thing between us. I, Jessica Monroe, reject Andrew Patterson as my mate cutting off all links." I finally feel the bond disappear between us leaving a hollow feeling. By now, my wolf was crying in pain which I felt bad about but it was better than being a mate to this ass. I turn my back to him and shut my eyes basking in the feeling of emptiness. I expect to hear the door shut but I'm only met with silence.

"Are you deaf or something? Go. Shoo!" His presence made me feel disturbed, annoyed even.

"I'm not a bird." I snort at that.

"Well fine, you're a mole rat that won't go away."

"What's that?" How? Just how does he not know?

"A beautiful animal, don't worry."

"You were asleep for a week." I gasp in shock. Why am I not hungry?

"We made sure to give you some drugs to let you sleep for a while so your wounds would heal." He growls, I'm guessing at the thought of my wounds. I even forgot about that and everything that had happened. I guess that's what happens when you're in a room with an annoying ass.

"How's Jay?"

"Pissed and upset. We made up but I can tell he's still annoyed with me." I sigh in relief. It wouldn't be good for the pack if the future Alpha and Beta weren't on good terms.

"When's graduation?" I was already excited to be able to leave and go to London. To be connected with my past has always interested me. Just a glimpse may be interesting.

"Next week Friday." I felt the butterflies going crazy in my stomach right now. Nervous, I was so nervous.

"Hold on! What day is it?" I was hoping it was Monday so I didn't miss results day, the anticipation I was feeling for it a while ago would've made it so worth all the time spent reading and studying.

"Tuesday." Crap. I've missed it.

(A/N Guys I have no idea how university works so I'm just guessing so if its incorrect sorry!)