Chapter 44

heyy yooooo, mature content check! just for y'all who've been patient with me🥺

double update!!

Jessica's POV

About four gruelling hours with Carrie trying to teach me the ways of seduction, I can say that I had picked up a thing or two. I definitely wasn't as good as her but I was better than before, so for that, I had to thank her. That is why she was sat on Steven's lap feeding him the brownies I had made as a payment. Watching them, I couldn't help but feel an ache for something as pure as that. It didn't even have to be sexual, but just the comfort was nice. 

Carrie giggled at something Gordon Ramsay had said. I couldn't even focus on Hell's Kitchen as thoughts of Zander ran through my mind. Seeing Carrie and Steven together made me crave for the same thing and the lack of Zander's presence was messing with me. I sighed once more and see Steven turn to me with worry in his eyes. I guess my continuous sighing was getting to him.

"You alright?" Steven asks making Carrie also turn to me. I felt bad that I was bringing the mood down and I had no right to be jealous of their relationship. 

I just nod and throw them a sickly sweet smile that was as fake as Cardi's boobs. "Yeah, just tired. I think I might head to bed, it's getting late." I move to stand up and see Carrie frown while pausing the episode.

Oof, just let me go to sleep.

"Are you sure you're okay, you barely even ate your brownies." Carrie points out and I look down to see a half eaten brownie amongst about four other ones. My appetite had disappeared. 

"I'll just eat them later. It's been nice hanging out with you guys today. Goodnight." I smile and take my plate to the kitchen, wrapping it up and putting it in the fridge. I was just so drained and I just wanted to sleep.

When I reached Zander's room, his scent hit me making my eyes water. Fuck, why was I being so emotional? A few months ago, I didn't even know him. I wipe my eyes and make my way to the windows, opening them and letting the cool breeze hit my skin. The silky robe whipping around me due to the strong draft. I close the window as the wind was too strong. Winter was here and I had forgotten that. Sitting on the window sill, I looked into the dark night and the dark naked trees. It had been a while since I'd been on a run. 

I sat there, just enjoying the silence and staring outside. The tiredness seemed to have left my system so now I was sat, bored. I looked around Zander's room looking for some sort of entertainment. Looking upon the TV, I thought about watching something but wasn't in the mood for it. Something catches my eye in his room though, his bookshelf. A smile appears on my face, I stand up and nearly skip to his bookshelf. 

I let my fingertips run across the books' spines feeling like a cliche protagonist. The thought makes me smile and I finally come across a book I want to read.

Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses. No matter how many times I read it, I could always read it again and again and never get tired. 

I pull the book out and walk to the bed, jumping on and getting comfortable to read. As I open the book my belly rumbles and I curse. Of course it happens when I get comfortable. I roll my eyes and place the book down before putting my slippers on and leaving the room. As I pass the living room, I look in but don't notice Carrie or Steven. They must've headed to bed. I go the lonely kitchen, open the fridge and bring out the plate of brownies.