Chapter 27

*semi-edited*

Jessica's POV

After Zander dropped me off to my room last night, I couldn't wipe the goofy smile off of my face and danced all around my room. The happiness I was feeling because Zander didn't comment on me being a nerd and also admitted to being one. I no longer felt as embarrassed being rejected for being one.

Zander was a hot-headed, stubborn, rude, temperamental, arrogant and many more things but recently, I was being shown a different, more caring side of him. I loved being around him and I could start to see features of my old best friend in him.

I snap out of my thoughts when I hear an impatient cough. I turn to Callum who was staring at me with an expectant look. He had barged into my room waiting for me to tell him about yesterday. I didn't even have time to freshen up because as he said 'You stopped me from getting wasted last night so I need to know what happened.'

He dragged a chair out and sat facing me with his palms holding his jaw.

While telling the story, I started to ramble off about Zander and that was how I got immersed in thoughts of him. When I thought of Zander again, I feel my heart flutter slightly. Maybe I had a crush on him.

Nah, that's basically my best friend! That can't be possible.

"Jessica! I'm dying here, tell me the rest!" Callum whines and I give him a sheepish smile. I apologise and sit up in my bed before cranking my head.

"Okay, where was I?"

"You were at the part where Zander dragged you off to dance." I nod and hesitate. Now thinking about what happened, I feel embarrassed for even letting him touch me that way, again.

"Well then he got a bit horny and started to grind on me. He wanted to take me and you know...but I stopped him." I trail off and Callum just raises his eyebrows.

"Well, he asked if I had a mate but I didn't get to answer the question before he assumed I was being unfaithful. He said some hurtful things and left me there. I was a bit over dramatic but can you blame me, I was embarrassed. I found you and told you I wanted to leave." I skip out a few things and watch Callum trying to gauge his reaction.

"Is that it? I thought it was more serious!" Callum exclaims and I glare at him.

"It was serious at the time! I get that I was a bit of a drama queen about it but I still felt hurt!" I hiss and Callum just rolls his eyes and places the chair back to where it was.

"Okay, what happened when you guys talked?" Callum casually asks making me nearly chocked on the air I was breathing in.

"What? Did you follow us?" I cross my arms very annoyed with the lack of privacy. Albeit, I'm not surprised he would do something like that.

"Course I did." Callum shrugs like it's the easiest question ever.

"I can't believe you." I whisper while shaking my head.

"I would've eavesdropped too if you guys didn't go outside. Did you feel that wind?! It was bloody freezin' mate!" Callum shouts and I giggle. I will never get over Brits and the way they talk. It's just so cool.

"I just told him some stuff and we went to bed." Callum indicates for me to elaborate but I just shake my head. "That's all you're gonna know! Sorry not sorry!" Callum just groans but doesn't push it.

"I'm actually going to town for a bit, wanna come? I need to buy some new trainers. It'll be nice to have some company and a second opinion." I tap my chin thoughtfully.