Chapter 37

*semi-edited*

Such a long chapter and I'm proud!

Jessica's POV

I'm suddenly  awoken by a harsh wind blowing through the ajar window. Even under the thick duvet and being wrapped in Zander's arms, I could feel the cold air nipping at the skin of my face. I snuggle closer to Zander and push my head under the covers which was all in vain as I could still feel it. I grumble under my breath and curse the cold weather of London. I was not used to these types of winds one bit. I remove the duvet from my body and shiver as my body is exposed to the wind. Why the window was even open, I had no idea.

As I tried to slip out from in front of Zander, his arm tightened around my waist as he brought my body snug against his. This would be a problem. I tried to lift his arm from around me for him to growl lightly and bring his other hand to join the other and secure me to him.

I began to start wiggling against him so I could get out from his tight hold.

"Stop. Moving." Zander huskily whispers and I freeze. I turn to face him and notice his eyes are still tightly shut. I stare at his face, waiting for a few moments before moving again.

"Jessica, don't make me throw you off this bed because trust me, I'm extremely tempted to. Stop moving or I'll do it." Zander hisses and tightens his grip on me. I sigh heavily and try to ignore the breezes wafting in.

About two minutes later, I curse and mentally apologise to Zander. It was just way too cold. I wiggle in his arms quickly and succeed at getting free. I look up to see Zander's narrowed eyes on me with an irritated face.

"Sorry, it was just way too cold. I gotta close the window." I apologise to Zander and in response he rolls his eyes making me arch my eyebrows. So much attitude.

"You could've just said so." With that, Zander reaches under the bed and fiddles with something and suddenly the windows begin to move on their own, retreating back leaving a small gust of wind. Trust him to have button operated windows.

I shake my head and flop back onto the bed, all signs of tiredness leaving me. It seemed that Zander was feeling the same way as he faced me on his side. Our eyes met and we just stared at each, enveloped in a comfortable silence.

"Adidas or Nike?" I randomly ask Zander and he rolls his eyes with a small amused smile playing at the edges of his lips. I arch my eyebrows at his attitude.

"None of them." He shrugs and sits up slightly. I scrunch my face in confusion as he elaborates, "I like Puma." 

"Puma's kinda shit though, Nike is the best." Zander shakes his head profusely and begins to disagree. 

"Nike is such a rip off and so overrated." I gasp as he insults Nike and also sit up to face him, ready to fight back.

"I get what you mean but everything is overrated and Puma only have a few sneakers that are actually cute. Whereas, Nike has soooooo many different sneakers that are amazing." I argue back and cross my arms.

Zander opens his mouth and that's where our bickering starts. I don't know how long we squabble for before Zander sighs and opts for us to agree to disagree. We would never see eye to eye with this. I giggle as Zander dramatically wipes off non existent sweat from his forehead.

"You're the most stubborn girl I know." He shakes his head with a smile on his face. I smile back and stare at his face which was lit up due to the smile on his face. It never failed to surprise me when Zander would actually smile. He barely did but when he did, it made him look even more handsome and somewhat approachable. I was glad I was able to make him smile as he barely smiled when he was around anyone.