CHAPTER 1

"Why are you treating me like this?" Shorty I've been talking to for the past month say. 

"Girl gone, I don't want you." I said to her and moving around her so I could get to my car.

Her lips started to quiver, "You said you loved me," she said with her voice cracking a little.

"I say a lot of things I don't mean. Get over it," I shrugged and continued to walk to my car.  I guess what I said hit a nerve cause that's when she jumped on me and started punching me, "You fucking bastard! I trusted you! You bitch ass nigga!"  She yelled as she hit me. I quickly turned and held her hands down so she couldn't hit me anymore. "What the fuck is wrong witchu! Don't you ever put yo hands on me again!" I yelled at her trying to keep my anger in check. 

"You used me," she said with tears rolling down her cheeks. "Man get the fuck on wit that shit," I told her then I finally let her go then walked the rest of the way to my car. I got in my car and looked back at her she was just standing there with her hair all up in her face looking like the damn grudge. 

"You're gonna regret this JaCorey! What goes around comes around!" she yelled as I backed out. 

Man, fuck that bitch, she was loose anyways. 

**

I was standing with my crew by the lockers. We were just chilling and talking bout this weekend, we were all playing somebody this week like we normally do. "Dayum, look at shorty right there," my homeboy Shoota said. I looked at the girl he was pointing at and she damn near took my breath away. She was so damn fine, she was light skin, had freckles, she had her hair in a low ponytail, she was wearing a blue jean distressed jacket with a black shirt, and a pair of black distressed jeans. 

I knew she was new because I never saw her around here before.  "Aye, I'll be back," I said to the crew then walked towards her. "Excuse me miss," I said to her and she turned around. She was finer up close. 

"Yes?" she said looking at me curiously. 

"I can tell you new, do you need any help getting around?" I ask her. 

"Um, nawl I'm actually waiting on somebody." She says. 

"Well, maybe I can help you find em-" just as I was about to finish my statement, we heard somebody in the distance yelling.

 "Samia!" the unknown person said. 

 "I guess they found me first." she chuckles then walk towards the person.  Samia huh, pretty name. I thought. 

 Shit, I was so close.  I gotta get wit her as soon as possible. 

**

SAMIA POV

"What were you doing with him?" my cousin Denise asked.

"Who?" I asked as I walked beside her.

"Him! Jacorey!" she screamed at me.

"That boy just walked up to me and started talking calm the fuck down, screaming at me like I'm your fucking child," I told her with a slight attitude. She was fucking trying me, screaming at me and shit, I'll drop kick her ass if she screams at me again. 

"Sorry, just stay away from him, he's a player. Forreal, I'm warning you."

"Girl, you can't play me. I play niggas fawuk you mean." I said laughing. 

"You think I'm playin, but I'm dead ass Samia. That nigga will use you and leave you high and dry." She said with obvious pain in her voice.

I was silent for a moment, "Speaking from experience huh?" I said. I wasn't saying it to be rude or anything but if she saying it like that he must've done it to her. 

"I don't even wanna talk about it, but jus- just stay away from him."

"I gotchu Nisey," I said to her when she stopped in front of a classroom door.  

"This is your first-period class. You'll come here first every day," she told me. 

"Ight thanks Nisey," I said giving her a side hug then walked into the class. 

Right when I walked in everybody eyes went straight to me, making me feel uncomfortable instantly.  "And who are you?" this Miss. piggy looking ass bitch asked me with a hint of attitude. This bitch looked like a butterball turkey. 

"I'm Samia Taylor, I'm new here," I said to her.

"Show me your schedule," she said back. 

I walked towards her desk with my schedule in hand, I handed it to her and she scanned it for a second then handed it back. "Find a seat," I turned away from her then walked towards the back and found me a seat. 

After a couple minutes of doing nothing, more people came into the class. This one girl was walking towards me, I went into instant fighting mode. I was ready at the moment, cause in Atlanta if somebody was walking up to you they were ready to fight so shit, I'm ready. 

But to my surprise, she just sat down next to me and turned towards me, "My name is Regina, what's yo--" She started to say but soon got interrupted by the teacher.

"Excuse me Regina but the class has started therefore there should be no more talking," the teacher said. 

"Miss. Piggy-- I mean Mrs. Pratt, I know you see all these other people talking and you got the nerve to say something to me."

"Regina I do not have time for your disrespectful mouth today."

"Just like I don't have time for your disrespectful breath, but you continue to blow that funky ass shit."

After she said that the class roared with laughter. Mrs. Pratt twisted her lips to the side and said: "Go outside Regina." She got out the seat then walked out of the classroom just like the teacher said.

I like her already.

**

"Soo, how you liked your first day at Carver?" Denise asked me as we walked to the parking lot.

"It was good, I just kept getting lost. But I swear them girls in my classes funny as fuck, Regina, and Di-Di had me laughing all day."

"On me they funny as fuck, but most of the time they are serious as hell." 

We were talking about our day until this boy walked up to us, I looked at Denise and she looked at me. Clearly, we were both confused. "Can you get out the way, you just stopped in front of us and you not saying shit," I said to him with an attitude, interrupting my conversation with his presence.

 "I'm so sorry, but I wanted to know if I can get yo number and maybe we can get to know each other." He asked boldly.

 "Um, no thank you," I said then walked around him, Denise following me. But obviously, he didn't get the memo because he grabbed my hand and said: "Stop playing girl I know you wanna be wit me, you just playing hard to get." I looked down at his hand, clearly disgusted. I hate people touching me. 

"Getcho hands off of me right now," I said in my calmest voice, but on the inside, I wanted to punch him dead in his face. 

He let go then backed up a little bit. "Shit, my bad. But for real you gon give a nigga yo number or not?" 

"Not." I said simply then me and Denise walked away, but in the distance, I heard him yell "Stop being a stubborn bitch!" I clenched my jaw then turned around and started to walk towards him, my fists balled up. "Mia, it's not worth it don't do it," Denise said to me but I wasn't listening, he just disrespected me, I don't take disrespect kindly. 

When I got in front of him I said, "What did you just call me." I said slightly tilting my head.

"'Stop acting like a stubborn bit-", right when the word bitch was about to come out his mouth I drew back and punched him dead in his face making him fall on the ground.

Everybody in the parking lot and the bus ramp said, "DAAYYYYUUMM!" 

I went to him and grabbed his shirt collar," Don't you ever call me a bitch again, or next time it'll be way worse." and with that, I walked away finally making it to my car with no distractions. 

It's my first day and niggas already testing me.