CHAPTER 5

SAMIA POV

3 blunts later we were all fucked up. I was sitting on Monte's lap taking silly pictures of the both of us on his phone. He had my phone too, but he was strolling on Instagram. 

Denise was on Snapchat lip-syncing to the songs we play.

Di-Di and Regina were doing cartwheels all over the house.

And Slim and Shoota were playing Uno yet again.

"I don't know about yall, but a bitch wants something sweet now." I ay out of nowhere and everyone agreed with me. 

"You wanna go to the store?" Monte asks me. 

"Yea. What yall want from the store?" I asked them. Slim wants 2 honey buns, Shoota wants a bag of Doritos and a cinnamon roll. Di-Di wants two cosmic brownies, Regina wants two Reesees, and Denise wants a Kit Kat and a small pack of Oreos. 

After I write down everything they want I hop off Monte's lap and we leave the house. 

We walk to the car and he opens the passenger door for me. I say thank you and gets in the car. He goes to his side and gets in the car as well. He cranks the car up and I notice the Aux cord he has. 

I grab it and plug it into my phone. I go through my playlist and click "Roll in peace" By Kodak Black. 

"You ain't the one for me, baby. You ain't got shit I need, bitch. You want me to take my time with you. Well maybe I'm not your speed, bitch. Maybe I'm out your league, bitch. You ain't even got no cheese, bitch. Maybe I'm just too G for you. Or maybe I'm just too street, bitch." I rap with Kodak. 

"I can't even roll in peace. Everybody notice me. I can't even go to sleep. I'm rolling on a bean. They tried to give me eight. Got on my knees like "Jesus please". He don't even believe in Jesus. Why you got a Jesus piece. If you wanna leave just leave, but you ain't gotta lie to me. Even the blind can see, That you ain't gon ride for me. You ain't even showing me the love you say you got me for me. There ain't no loyalty, you lied to me. You said that you gon' ride for me."  Monte and I rapped along, getting hype and the car. 

We were yelling the lyrics to the song and we pulled up to a red light, still saying the lyrics. Then an old lady rolled up next to us and looked at us in disapproval. She had a look of disappointment and just shook her head at us. Making us sing it even louder. 

Then she turned her music all the way up to overpower ours but her 1997 Toyota wasn't doing shit. 

She was listening to "Stomp" By Kirk Franklin. "Yall kids need to learn how to listen to this other than that garbage." She says then starts jamming to the song.  We laugh but turns down our music to be respectful.

Once the light changes to green we pull off and continue the drive to Walmart.

**

We made it to Walmart and now we were getting out of the car. I unplugged the aux cord and grabbed my phone. Monte turned the car off and come to my side of the car and opened the door for me. 

"You do not have to do that every time I gotta get out the car." I tell him. 

"Nah, when you wit me imma always open the door for you. My mama raised me like that." He said then grabbed my hand and we walked into the store together. 

I grabbed a buggy and was about to start pushing it before he took it from me. "You ain't gon let me do shit." I say. 

"Nope." He says popping the 'p'. I shook my head and walked a little ahead of him.